ZBrushCentral

Art of Nikita

Hey ZBrushers! :smiley:

I’ve been around here for some time now, however never published any of my work. You guys have been a source of my inspiration, the engine that moved me lately, for which I’m entirely grateful :wink: This forum is a fountain of creative, really inspiring work and I guess the time has finally come to start sharing my own stuff.

Here’s my most recent work, I’ve just finished a week ago for the cgsociety’s THU Tribe contest. As always on the time limit, there are many things I’d like to polish and all, but nevertheless here’s a result of the last two months of my work, I hope you guys like it :smiley:
THU_DragonTribeChiefFinalFINAL2 copy.jpg

ZBrush was used for modeling, Mari for texture painting and Maya and V-Ray for rendering.
Screenshots below are made with Keyshot for Zbrush.

chief_keyshot.jpg

chief_closeUP2.jpg

chief_closeUP-01.jpg

Overall it was a challenging project for me and I learned a lot from it. Polycount reached 57 million polygons… Thanks everybody for taking your time to check out my work :wink:

Cheers,
Nikita

Attachments

THU_DragonTribeChiefFinalFINAL2 copy.jpg

chief_keyshot.jpg

chief_closeUP2.jpg

chief_closeUP-01.jpg

Hey guys, here’s my male figure anatomy study, I did upon completion of Scott Eaton’s anatomy course.

gwp_01.jpg

gwp_02.jpg

gwp_03.jpg

gwp_04.jpg

gwp_05.jpg

gwp_06.jpg

Attachments

gwp_01.jpg

gwp_02.jpg

gwp_03.jpg

gwp_04.jpg

gwp_05.jpg

gwp_06.jpg

Hey guys! Here’s my female figure anatomy study. Let me know what you think, C&C are very welcome :slight_smile:

gws_01.jpg

gws_02.jpg

gws_03.jpg

gws_04.jpg

gws_05.jpg

gws_06.jpg

Thanks for watching! :smiley:

Attachments

gws_01.jpg

gws_02.jpg

gws_03.jpg

gws_04.jpg

gws_05.jpg

gws_06.jpg

really nice study man!! :slight_smile:
one thing you could work on would be the butt where it touches the block
I don’t think that you could see through here cheeks
in which programm do you render?
keep going man! :slight_smile:

Thank Fynn! haha the butt can’t ever get enough attention :D;) I’m using V-Ray and Maya for the render. But I’m thinking of toying with Renderman and Arnold this summer… we will see :slight_smile:

love that demon dude, the details are incredible, I especially like that staff, how did you do that, alphas?

Thank you very much, L04D3D :wink: Actually the staff I literally carved out. It took me a couple hours for the whole staff, I can post a video where I did half of it.

Great Study! Really good forms and very nice material.
You nailed the feet so good!

Thank you for the kind words, Takai! :roll_eyes: I’m glad u liked the feet, I was hoping there’s somebody out there who’ll appreciate the work I put in those :lol:

Hey guys,
I’d like to share with you the alien I designed and modeled about a year ago for Adam Massey’s movie Man VS. I’ll post textured version later. As always C&C is welcome :smiley:

ManVs_alien_01.jpg

ManVs_alien_02.jpg

ManVs_alien_03.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Cheers,
Nikita

Attachments

ManVs_alien_01.jpg

ManVs_alien_02.jpg

ManVs_alien_03.jpg

Wow! That looks fantastic. Great job!

Thank you for the kind words, ofer! :wink:

You are obviously loads better then me but the only thing i can say–since the butt is subjective on how flat you wanted her buttcheeks to be you know lol(?)–is that for both the male and female anatomy you need to make sure the curvature of the abs–especially the middle–follows the overall proportionate weight and curve of the body.

It’s more easily seen within the male where the abs are too structured–and albeit upright–in terms of how they should be when one twists and turns. The female you can see it if you stare and pay attention to the center belly line leading up to the rib cage, as that lnie so curve more along with how the abs are but following the way the body overlays one another.

Hope this helps. If you think otherwise let me know. I’m just giving you a humble opinion and what I noticed off bat. Since I love anatomy and feverly draw it. I just need to figure out how to get into zbrush… :|.

Hey Swuel, thank you for the comment, I do appreciate very much a thoughtful critique! :wink: I believe I got a gist of what you explained, but not sure if I got it right. Are you talking about the middle line that separates the abs, or the overall flow of the abs forms? If it wouldn’t bother you, could you please draw over the render to explain what you mean? I would really appreciate that!

As for the butt, the girl I was modeling it from had even flatter bum, which I couldn’t live with and I beefed it up a bit, but I tried to not go too far and oversexualise (does that word even exist?! lol) her if you know what I mean and I tried to keep as close to the reference as I could. And as for getting into ZBrush - pm me and I can point out some good tutorials and give you pointers to help you get started. Cheers!

cool looking alien.like the details.keep’em coming.;);):wink:

Thanks, Diablo! I will for sure! :wink: Actually will publish some more stuff very soon :wink:

@n1agara – You’re very welcome and thanks for the response! I usually don’t critique much but that was more of a side-comment and a thing I noticed right away when I saw your work!

Erhmm… both? I would say its probably more the flow though then the actual separational depth. As I was just using the separation as the keypoint of where you should focus your eyes on so you can see what I was talking about, so I guess the main thing is the flow more than the depth of the separation. Though the middle line itself–if you’re not talking about depth–does come into play so I would say the middle line itself should flow too.

And yeah I can do it really quick. Let me download it and I’ll show you. I’ll give you two examples (the one on the render and what it would look like on a drawing so you’ll be able to tell much easier what I’m talking about. And I mean traditional life drawing which sculptures are usually based on anyways haha.

LOL – aww I feel bad for the girl haha. And I was just commenting on the butt since a poster above me had mentioned that your butt seemd somewhat flat. But from my standpoint it seemed quite beefy compared to the rest of the body so I figured you’d already tampered it without going overboard ;). Haha turns out I was right too lol… Yay. Yep that word exists haha, but I know what you mean. Either way going for a more traditional life drawing look you usually try not to oversexualize things anyways haha – that is the goal anyways.
You did very well indeed – anymore and it would of seemed odd lol. Since then you would have to beef up the thighs and and semi-up the calfs too along with the hip location etc. XD

Yeah it’s been since like the start of zBrush (2009 if I remember correctly?) that I’ve touched–though I only used it for a bit hours then–but the UI has changed to be more complex and drastically LOL!! I was like WTFFFFF zBrush, since when did you become so unintuitive?! Talk about a shock @ the year 2015!

Thanks I’ll definitely PM you for sure! Thanks again! :slight_smile:

PS: I’ll post in a second after I go over the render to give you the example.

EDIT: Also I forgot to add I didn’t know you had models – I thought you just did this from your head!

They modelled naked?! The girl seems really pretty… :O.

@swuell
Lol okay I know what you mean, thanks so much. I’ll be paying more attention to both the flow and depth :wink: I like to draw too, actually. And also an anatomy crackhead heheh. as for ZBrush and it’s interface… yeah I know what you mean, not many people are crazy about the UI right off the bat, but the beauty of it is, that you need to have some patience just for the first couple hours when you are figuring out the interface and tools and workflow. Then it becomes really intuitive, not mentioning the fact, that you can customize the hell out of it - create menus, hotkeys on anything u want…

As for the models, yeah, there are pretty models in the collection, I’ll post a name of the source once I get home. And yes they do pose naked. For life drawing/anatomy reasons. It’s specifically for artists yes :smiley:

@n1agara – Just replied to both of your PM’s!

Also sorry for not having posted the example yet, but like I said I will post it for you and upload it to you – just been a bit busy! So hopefully I can get it posted by tonight. I’ve already had it downloaded – just need to bring it up on Painter 2015 and edit to show you ha.

Ah well at least my explanation isn’t too off haha, glad you could understand it better with less confusion this time lol. Yeah flow and depth is hard to pay attention to, especially concerning bodily details as that’s more akin to animation. I just happen to notice it alot since I’m not only interested in animation–among other things–but I’ve always been in love with animation. So that’s just one step toward film, and modeling. Pretty much what is put together as a whole when one of the masters craft a sculpture from marble you’d say, or draws – as either medium matters really, it’s the portrayal that ultimately decides the factor (at least that’s my honest and humble opinion when regarding on the depiction of what is classified as “master” level art, or as in why they’re even considered “masters” to begin with) since the medium is only a tool and outlet for them/one to create.

Lol you can consider me in the same boat as well for anatomy haha.

Though for zBrush’s interface I actually loved it when I first saw it – the initial one back in 2009 – as that was truly more intuitive and more barebones compared to what they have now haha. Now it just seems more daunting than before though there’s some resemblance to how it used to be. Though I still preferred the original setup – as it seemed to be less hassle and more work – but who knows, I’ll have to get used to knew one and tweak it to my liking lol.

Yeah which is why I was surprised haaha. Lol that’s still a surprise since not alot of models – especially the pretty/beautiful ones – do that and it’s quite rare lol! So that’s awesome to see that! And yes I’d love a source! I normally just draw what’s in my head since I don’t have access to models but you can never opt out of practice haha.
:smiley:

Thanks by the way!

It’s all good, there’s no rush :wink: Take your time :smiley: And I remember first time I tried ZBrush in 2007 I believe… and it was overwhelming for me at a time, besides the fact that I didn’t know english well enough back then, which made the whole experience even more confusing. Only later in 2011 i got back into it and used it progressively more and more ever since :wink: