ZBrushCentral

Minotaur

Hi everyone!

It’s been a while since I posted anything new. I am proud to share my latest project with you, which is a Minotaur. I tried to stray from more conventional designs, and it is completely my own. All of it was created in Zbrush (mostly from Zspheres + Dynamesh and some with the Zmodelere brush). It still needs a few tweaks here and there, but I am very close to done with the sculpt (which was created for Ragdoll Studios).

I should be adding some Polypaint over the next few days, as well as some more high-detail KeyShot renders. Thanks for looking! :slight_smile:

• Ralph

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Sorry for the spam, but here are some more pictures:
7.jpg
8.jpg
Clay.jpg

Seems it has been a while since you last posted. Glad to see you haven’t lost your touch. :+1:

Thank you, sir! It was a rough year (at least so far), but things are starting to pick up and I’m happy to get back to sculpting.

Hope you are well!

Sorry to hear it. It was a rough start to this year for me as well. Hope you have smooth sailing here on out. Looking forward to seeing you post more work.
By the way: Are the last two shots Keyshot renders?

Thank you, and the same to you as well!

Yes, the last two renders are from KeyShot (using the Zbrush clay materials that came with the Keyshot Bridge).

Hey guys! Here are some unrendered progress shots I grabbed straight from the Zbrush viewport. The metal parts are pretty much untouched and just have a very basic metallic Matcap on them as of right now.

Still deciding on overall leather color. The overall polypaint on the Minotaur’s skin is getting close to done, and I personally really think the fur is starting to bring him to life[i].

Viewport 1.jpg
Viewport2.jpg
Viewport3.jpg
[/i]

great looking Minotaur.waiting for the finished one.goodluck.;):wink:

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:

Starting to import bits and pieces into KeyShot for the final beauty render. I love that program so much! Still lots of tweaking to do, but it’s already starting to look pretty bad@ss.

nice update.like the pose.:wink:

i really like this one. especially the hands. you really succeeded on those.

looking forward for more.

-r

Thank you both very much! :slight_smile:

Amazing pose - really adds to this great piece!

Thank you for the feedback everyone!

Here are some more Keyshot progress shots. I’ve added a lot more overall furring, and am pretty happy with his upper half. On to his legs, and remaining armor :slight_smile:

really nice ! (very) good job !

Just perfect !

looks great. I really dig his pose. Keep it up! :slight_smile:

great update, nicely done.

It’s been a long time since I updated this thread…lol. But I realize I forgot to upload the Photoshop comp of my BPR render, so here it is! :slight_smile: