Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Sketching in ZBrush for designers

Hi all my name is Jose Cua, I'm a 2d/3d concept artist. Hi all I've learned so much from this community and would like to share something in return. This is a free chapter of my tutorial at my gumroad page. https://gumroad.com/josecua

It explores Zbrushes powerful sketching features that will benefit artists of all disciplines (concept artists, illustrators, graphic designers etc). It covers the basics for those new to zbrush but I also delve into techniques that will inspire even advanced users of the program. I tackle a variety of subjects from character design, faces, environment props, shields, mech's, and even some graphic design and some jewelry design. I highly recommend taking the full class but for now enjoy this free chapter. Hope you like it.

Heres the introductory overview as well

On top of the instructional content there is close to 2hrs of demo's illustrating the process. Hope you guys enjoy this one.
    Head over to https://gumroad.com/l/MuaJX to find out more.
    Last edited by aurick; 06-20-16 at 06:43 AM.

Heres a small compilation of some of my work over the years, old and new. Hope you like em

Aand on to some mechs

A Dream Defenders Maquette I had a chance to work a while back. Such a blast working on this

Heres a timelapse for a Maquette I had a chance to work on a while back. I started from rough doodles and worked my way to a finished sculpt which was then 3d printed and painted on

And heres the turnaround

This is really cool!
    Neat to see your sketches come to life!

man you got some awesome stuff in your thread.love'em all.

So in love with these!

Thanks so much for the kind comments all

Congrats on the toprow achievement! really awesome! reconized your mech from Furio's workshop sometime ago! well done man! Keep pushing the boundaries!

Love your work. Thanks also for sharing your 2d process in Zbrush. I have experimented with it in the past and loved its versatility. Saw you using in new interesting ways, with the new brushes.
    Keep doing the good work and inspiring. Cheers.

Moontimaverick - Thanks so much. Zbrush has some amazing tools for the 2d design process. Its fluidity can rival that of even the professional painting apps when it comes to design. This is just one chapter of the many where I discuss different ways zsketch can be used to design characters faces props and even jewellry. If you are interested feel free to check out the full class in this link Sketching in ZBrush for Designers

SammehSamurai - Hi Sam I remember you from the class! Learned so much from Furio. Hopefully this is just the beginning. Still chugging along late nights with this amazing tool

Member Follow User Gallery

Slightly blowing my mind with this thread ! awesome work man thank for the tut!

s

Very cool style on your toon characters. I loved the dream defenders project you worked on it is awesome! I also like some of the other sketches you made for them too. It must have been a tough choice.

I am guessing from the material on the clear blue substance the render is not from Zbrush, is that correct?
    If it is from zbrush what material/settings are you using for the comic water? If you dont mind sharing the material it would be cool to try it out.
    If not I understand. It reminds me of a green jelly bean material I saw before. That material with some transparency applied and specular turned
    up and turned blue may be similar to yours but I am interested to see if I am close at guessing it since it is a really cool looking material.

Love the style of your cartoon characters! Nice little planar touches.

Your hard surface modeling is excellent, too.

Congrats on the top row billing! :-)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast