ZBrushCentral

Character Sculpt - Plague Doctor Female

WIP. Mainly concentrating on the mask and hair for now. First attempt at hair, sort of threw myself into the deep end :slight_smile: The braids have no detail yet, mainly because I’m still not sure how I feel about it. Want to feel good about the form first. Just wanting to get forms and pieces in there before adding wear/tear etc. Any feedback?

Attachments

a.jpg

A_9.jpg

Some progress, started going to the body and working on the shirt/frilly neck piece. So tricky, I think the neck piece is a great idea for the character but having difficulty making it look right.

Some progress on the coat

a.jpg

This is interesting. :slight_smile: It’s got a Steampunk feel.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a character quite like this one before.

Its “different” quality makes it an eye-catcher. Love the costume!

Some progress. Only really need to do the trousers and then the forms are all there. Then it’s just adding bits and improving existing elements (Such as the coat).

a.png

Worked on the trousers. My first attempt at sculpting folds, it’s tricky. I’m generally pleased with how the trousers are turning out but something seems off? It’s not a nice composition? Is it because the divide is bang in the middle perhaps? or are the legs too straight? Something seems off and I can’t figure it out.

Update : Better skirting but coat is still causing problems.

a.jpg

Reworking the coat a bit;

a.jpg

Some more polish, really running out of tweaks to do and not getting much in terms of feedback so might wrap this up pretty soon.

a.jpg

Redid trousers. Tried stretching out the coat to be longer, there is something I like about it but also something about it is off. It makes the proportions seem more incorrect?

a.jpg

Update

Still fighting with this. Have really changed the upper half of the chest and where the trousers meet with the boots. I’ve brought down the subdivision of the jacket/skirt as I just can’t get it right even in blockout form. Once I get those right I’ll work on the folds etc.

a.png

Coat still isn’t complete and needs a lot of work (but added new cuffs) but have redone the trousers (which you can’t really see because of the coat). Also the connection between bottom of trousers and the top of the boots.

a.jpg

Latest. Decided to change the pose since there is no plan for animation. By the way, she isn’t fistbumping but will be later holding a lantern. Still some work to do :slight_smile:

Update : Trying to get to grips with Keyshot so still a bit more work before final renders.

very nice man , curious to see the results wish for you all the luck you need

Finished for now. I feel like there are fundamental problems that are too far along to correct so I can’t see me texturing this. I’m more excited to try another model now knowing what I learn from this. The big mistake here was sculpting
it in Tpose and then later deciding I wanted to pose it after it had been polished and refined. Pose is weak, I couldn’t get it right without ruining my sculpting. Apart from that I quite like it, I need to work on my folds and clothes but it’s the first
time I’ve ever done clothes in zbrush so that was to be expected. Next time I really need to define where the joints are otherwise the clothes sculpting becomes so much more problematic and confusing.