ZBrushCentral

Daniel Peteuil - Things I've Made

It’s been a while since I’ve posted work, but now thanks to keyshot bridge I’ve been playing with lighting/ rendering and finishing up some things I’ve made.

I started this Boardwalk Empire fan art of Richard Harrow last January as a likeness and wound study, but I had always wanted to do this pose of him from one of my favorite scenes of his. More renders of him and other projects I’ve been working on soon. As always, crits very welcome.

daniel-peteuil-richard-n-1.jpg

Attachments

daniel-peteuil-richard-n-1.jpg

1 Like

A very expressive pose and a great sculpting of the clothes!

Thanks Paul!

So I was fortunate enough to beta test for 4R7, which was much fun! Here is something I cooked up while testing the new zmodeler, arraymesh and keyshot bridge tools.

daniel-peteuil-zbeta-head-profile-1.jpg
daniel-peteuil-zbeta-head-front-1.jpg
daniel-peteuil-zbeta-head-back-1.jpg
daniel-peteuil-zbeta-head-34.jpg

Attachments

daniel-peteuil-zbeta-head-profile-1.jpg

daniel-peteuil-zbeta-head-front-1.jpg

daniel-peteuil-zbeta-head-back-1.jpg

daniel-peteuil-zbeta-head-34.jpg

and also some clay renders with the new zbrush grey sculpyfirm.

zbeta_head_profile_clay1.jpg
zhead_1.jpg
daniel-peteuil-zbeta-head-back-clay1.jpg
daniel-peteuil-zbeta-head-34-clay.jpg

Attachments

zbeta_head_profile_clay1.jpg

zhead_1.jpg

daniel-peteuil-zbeta-head-back-clay1.jpg

daniel-peteuil-zbeta-head-34-clay.jpg

Love all the wires on the back of the head :slight_smile:

• Neil

I really like this render - how did you get the glow to light the adjacent geometry? I’ve experimented with GI and incandescence, but I wasn’t able to get such nice bounced light.

Thanks Neil!

ioster - Thanks! I believe all I did was increase the light intensity on the material. I used the emmisive warm material and increased the saturation and increased intensity from 3 to 20.

So I’ve been playing with lighting Richard Harrow Portraits in keyshot. Not sure how I feel about it but i may just move on to new things. Crits very welcome.

Richard_portrait_mask.jpg
Richard_portrait_1.jpg
Richard_portrait_2.jpg

Attachments

Richard_portrait_1.jpg

Richard_portrait_2.jpg

Richard_portrait_mask.jpg

Richard Harrow is amazing! Spot on. Really incredible. What was your workflow on that? Did you use reference images in the 3d space to lock down the dimensions? Or did you just free-hand it? Either way, I’m blown away. Again, great work.

Thanks! I did this head over a year ago, but if I remember correctly I sculpted it freehand with reference pictures. I did after awhile use some simplified landmark images to overlay and double check and fix if necessary, though with more recent likeness studies I haven’t needed to. I don’t really like overlaying photos since I find them a bit distracting and freehand is more likely to help me become a better artist etc.

Here is an alternate version of the head I made during the 4R7 beta that shows more of the face and flat view of the quick ~30min polypaint for the face.

z4r7_v2_1.jpg
z4r7_v2_2.jpg
z4r7_v2_3.jpg
zb_polypaint.jpg

Attachments

z4r7_v2_1.jpg

z4r7_v2_2.jpg

z4r7_v2_3.jpg

Great job man.love those glowing details.all in keyshot???;):wink:

Thanks! yeah, it was during the beta so everything including the face texture was done in zbrush and keyshot with the new bridge plugin.

Incredible… Got no words. It is just amazing!

Beautifulllll:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

great works!!!

Your works is great but I got to say, your Richard Harrow portrait is absolutely fantastic! very well done!

Sibu088 - thanks!
d’Artbot - thanks!
RawSunlight - thanks!
Pablander - thanks!

I nearly forgot to post the clay renders.

z4r7_v2_5_clay.jpg
z4r7_v2_4_clay.jpg
z4r7_v2_2_clay.jpg

Attachments

z4r7_v2_2_clay.jpg

z4r7_v2_5_clay.jpg

z4r7_v2_4_clay.jpg

Thanks for posting Daniel. Great stuff.

Paul

Thanks for posting the clay-renders, always love to see those :slight_smile:

Nice art you have :slight_smile: Love the clay renders, can I ask what software did you used to render them ?