ZBrushCentral

Centering the gizmo?

When you draw out a controll line (im calling it a gizmo) in order to move, rotate, scale etc… Is there a way to center that to whatever I have unmasked, for example? I cant find a topic on this anywhere so sorry if its a really novice question!

Thanks all! :+1:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?192007-Transpose-center-on-selection-where-s-the-option-Answered&p=1128018&viewfull=1#post1128018

Thanks for the link but when I do what it tells me to do (click the white circle at the end of the transpose line), it simply rotates the canvas to allign with the tool. It it due to a version of Zbrush that I have? If so, how was this every done before 4R7?

Thanks

Can nobody help with this? ;(

I found you the best link I could. I understand what you perceive it to do. Does it not allow the action you wish afterwards?

So I want to uniformly scale a selection (say, something that isn’t masked) up or down on its center. At the moment you can only scale relative to the position of the entire subtool, or wherever you draw the transpose tool line.

However, is there a way to make sure that the origin of the transpose line is in the center of your model?

The link you gave says to click the white circle in order to do this, however when I do that, it rotates my canvas to make that line horizontal. :confused:

I’ve modified the ZBrush UI to make some operations easier. Files posted in thread linked to below this post.
Took some time to figure out what some of these operations were. View control was important to me as well as manipulating individual subtools. You could have a look. Might make your experience better.

When in Gizmo mode (xyz axis mode), click on the icon that looks like a Google Map pin icon (aka. Unmasked Mesh Center). It is on the left of the home icon (aka. Mesh to Axis).