Default Ajna and Crustacean Garage kits

Hey Guys just wanted to post some images of some of the garage kits I recently created using Zbrush. These were 3d printed with the Form1+ for monsterpalooza 2015
    you can see more image and paintjobs on those bust here
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/mag81/...7641050292244/

-MAG!-

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default These are GREAT!

These are awesome! (I forgot you had done the Embroyo to! Love that one!) Hope Monsterpallooza was GREAT for ya, would love to make it out to that someday! I tried my hand at printing through Shapeways my first model, wasnt as happy with the detail I got but I assume with any print you still have a lilttle smoothing and sandpapering to do. I need to learn a little more on casting molds and resin now so I can make some garage kits. Great work man!
    Jake "Grizzlyjake" Angell
    www.jakeangell.com

Glad your digging these GrizzlyJake. Monsterpalloza was great man got to meet tons of cool people and made lots of sales.
    These prints required a bit of sanding but nothing major just removing the small support bits nothing more than 10-15 min of work.

I love these! I did a spot of 3D printing for my brothers wedding - made some power animals busts (a highland cow & a naked mole rat - their choices btw). But these guys are fantastic.

Love your work, you're simply talented.

Very cool stuff. Mind saying what the size of these are? What resolution where you able to print at on the form 1 for these. I've been having failed prints when I try to go large and use the 25 micron setting. Anything you learned from the printing process would be awesome! I really like the paint work as well. Mind talking about your approach for painting these up as well? Thanks in advance and again, really great work!

Thanks Guys, I really appreciate the kind words.
    Hey Nick, Ajna the horn guy is about 9.5 inches tall and the other guys is 8.5. These were both printed at 25 microns. The Form1+ is a great printer, but it's very sensitive to dust. This is one of the biggest issues I have with it. I have also had tons of failed prints because of that. One thing I always do before I set off a print is to check the mirrors for dust. If I see tiny dust particles I use a Rocket Blaster blower. Also, another thing that has helped me get less failed prints is running the model through netfabb to check for errors in the mesh.
    For painting I use an airbrush and FW inks. I really like using inks because it's really easy to layer them and keep them transparent, and they give you a great illusion of depth. One of the approaches is to dilute
    the inks down with a bit of water and alcohol. I would say no more than a few drops of each and mix them well and you're ready to spray.
    When I paint, I tend to think about it as if I were using Photoshop. You have 4 or 5 layers and each at layer is at 10-25 percent opacity. It helps so that layer each reveals a bit from the layers below.

Here's a quick video I made for fun. Hopefully Ill be making more videos with better camera angles soon.

-MAG!-

Thanks so much for the reply! I will need to keep a better eye on the dust. I have had many, many failed prints at 25 microns when printing large, so it is working for you from time to time....that is encouraging.

Thanks for the painting tips as well! Work turned out beautiful...so keep sharing and inspiring us all!

Thanks NickZ
    -MAG!-

great job man.skin looks amazing.

I love that monster bust!

The texture really catches my eye.

Thanks jan19 and Diablo
    -MAG!-