ZBrushCentral

TERROR

Hello, ZBrushers from US,
I’ve just heard about this terroristic act against your country. It’s a pity that some people can’t forget their hate and do things like that. Think that persons like Arafat and Mandella don’t deserve “rewards for peace”. USA can live without some of its politicians ,but it can’t let innocent people die. Please accept my condolence.

Martin

Thank you Martin,

As for myself, I’m a little bit in shock and intensely angry. I’m also very worried. I’m not asking for a role check, but if anyone hears about any of this forum’s members located near any of this destruction, please let us know if they’re all right.

thank you,

Adman

I’m about 25 minutes fro MacDill Airforce Base. They are in lock down.

Simply incredible, I am still in shock

My wife works for LA County and is right next to City Hall, which they have evacuated but not her. I sincerily hope that threat is over and everyone we know and love are safe

I thought I’d give a little insight from Canada…Our airport in Vancouver is shut down, and is awaiting the arrival of 4000 to 6500 passengers who will stay over here. There are already a dozen American airline planes parked here.

I was wondering how this insanity would impact your country. Considering we shoved all our intl flights your way…

I just heard Patch Adams, the guy Robin Williams played in the movie. It turns out he’s at the airport, and was on one of the planes…His comment was that the actual cause was the rush to globalization at the expense of the third world, and that that was what should be adressed…

Terrible! This just seems so unreal, like a movie.

I wonder how this will change our country and the world.
I wonder what will happen to the already beaten down stock market.
I wonder what type of retaliation would be effective… or if any action could make a difference.

You raise some very important questions, Avatarian, which unfortunately can’t be predicted very well.

I, for one, am concerned for my job security and the stability of my company. We sell tickets to shows, concerts and sporting events across the nation. The heart of our business depends upon Las Vegas tourism. With these events, it’s very possible that there will be a major drop in travel.

In addition, the U.S. economy really is in sad shape, and the stock market is just a part of that. Consider things as fundamental as mail and FedEx – how will their slowdown impact companies that depend upon their timely service? That’s just for starters. A slowdown in tourism, alone would affect not just Las Vegas but a significant percentage of other cities throughout the country. If the tourist industry has to start scaling back due to decreased demand, on top of all of the other industries that are doing so, then how many more people out there will be without jobs or tightening their belts because of job worries? The single most powerful factor that has kept the economy afloat for as long as it has, was the fact that the average American spent over 100% of their income. A reversal of this trend is necessary, obviously. But an overnight reversal would be devastating, and trigger a downward spiral of layoffs-lower spending-lower demand-less production-more layoffs.

As for retaliation, that is an even worse mess. Obviously, something must be done to send a very clear message. But when we are dealing with fanatics such as these, will the message even be comprehended or heeded? And where does the retaliation go too far? The rest of the world is aghast with what has happened, but how understanding will they be of the inevitable strike? Especially if it turns out that Middle Eastern parties were indeed responsible? With that whole region such a hot bed right now, I’m very concerned that even a spark could ignite a wildfire – and what happened today could lead to a whole torch being thrown into the mix!

Just a bunch of thoughts/ramblings on my part. It’s going to take a while to really get my mind around the sheer scope of this tragedy. But no matter what, today is truly a day that history will look back upon as having changed the world.

To all of my friends out there in this community, please be careful. The pattern of major, well-calculated terrorist actions is to make an attack, diverting the target’s attention and resources, then follow it up with an equal or worse attack elsewhere a few days later. Let’s pray that this proves not to be the case here! But again, please be careful.

In sadness,
aurick

I agree Avatarian, it does seem unreal.
I find it hard to comprehend the scale of the distruction, both of buildings and (especialy) human life.
It’s so sad. :frowning:
I hope veryone on the forums is all right…

I still can’t believe what has happened today
It’s a very dark day for the USA and the whole
world.
I will pray for the victims and their families

Juergen Kilp from Germany

I have familiy grounded in Vancouver tonight. But at least I know they are safe and well which is more than we can say for some poor souls tonight. I`m 3000 miles away and I just want to cry.

Oh, me and Dom are quite safe. Yep. We have safety next to the largest army base in the United States (Fort Benning)! We are actually on high alert. I think this terrorist thing will blow over. Our family has some friends that were next door neighbors to my grandfather and their son worked a while at the pentagon, then he retired, and I think he went back to the pentagon, but as a civilian.

I’m fine. I think I will work on a happy, cheerful picture now, cause I think I need it.

I echo everything previously stated in this thread. And Aurick, you nailed it on every point you made. This is the most UNFORGIVABLE atrocity any of us have ever experienced in our lifetimes. All the poor innocent lives that have been stolen and families that have been devastated could NEVER have true justice done. I have been on the verge of tears all damn day, even though I don’t know anyone invloved with this tragedy personally.

I hate to say it, but life in this country will NEVER be the same. This will impact the already unstable and crappy economy FAR more than most people realize. How about FedEx, UPS, and the USPS? How many businesses and families’ livelyhoods are going to be imapacted as a result of today? The cost of EVERYTHING is going to escalate as a result of preventative measures that will HAVE to be taken to ward off similar attacks. This will mean even more cutbacks by businesses wanting to stay afloat, more people out of work, more competition for even crappy jobs.

This could very well set off a depression worse than what our parents and grandparents went through early in the last century. The entire impact of today’s events will not be able to be determined for a long, long time.

As far as retribution goes, no punishment could ever be enough for the guilty individuals responsible.

Let us stand, hand in hand.

We are one.

I really hope I don’t annoy anyone with my comments in this thread as I don’t intend to.

This is an horrific situation no doubt. For myself it only brings to the front the ever present danger of biological terrorist action. Which would be a lot easier to organise and a lot more deadly than this.

Unfortunately I can’t see how this is going to change anything in the long term. Humans will still suffer from the fundamental human problem of self judgement. People will still struggle fruitlessly their whole lives for security and a few crumbs of happiness.

God fearing citizens will cry out in outrage while collecting their packaged dead animals from the supermarket, oblivious to the unbelievable scale of horror and suffering inflicted on these creatures in our name.

During the recent foot and mouth outbreak in the UK, millions of animals have been burnt in open pyres releasing more toxic dioxins into the atmosphere in two weeks than all the most dangerous factories in Britain produce in a year. However the sympathy is for the loss of the farmer’s ability to make some more money for themselves.

The world is truly a very strange place. When the Chinese tanks rolled over their own people in Tiannenmen square in full view of the whole world and no-one did anything it was at that point that the new world order began. Which is basically that money, as a symbol of security, is everything.

In answer to Aurick I would say that in the long term nothing is going to change. Unless the whole world has a severe attack of thinking and quite frankly I can’t see that happening.

Hey Thelonius,
You may be right…who can say? :confused:
This really has shown how a small group can do so much dreadful damage. Terrible. :frowning:
But I must say that I disagree about the threat of bio weapons. They are actually much harder to get to work effectivly than most people believe. But after today, I can really see what these terrorists can do. It is all brought so dreadfuly close, at such a scale.
BTW, good comments about animals. My sister is a vegan, so I a lot of similar thoughts about this.

Good luck to all. :slight_smile:

I’m in Morristown New Jersey about 30 miles west of NYC and I have to say that the devestation and ramifications can be felt even out here. A true tragedy indeed. I moped out of the house today to a high point nearby just to gaze at the skyline’s billowing smoke and pray for those that are anywhere near that mess.
Several friends work in the city but, praise God, they are safe and sound.
I tell you it’s hard for me to maintain a “turn the other cheek” mentailty in the face of such a blatant attack (the film of the Middle Eastern children cheering and giving the Victory sign didn’t help much either) but we carry on and help where we can.
Pray for the people and their families and that justice (and I stress NOT vigilantism) are swiftly metted out.

Hi all,
I’m home early from a stressful day here in the Washington DC area.

Yesterday I was scheduled to start a carpet job in DC just 2 blocks from the Pentagon.

When I went to get the materials, they had been shipped Defective and had to be re ordered and the Job rescheduled.

Had that not happened,
I would have been 2 blocks from the Pentagon at that very time the plane crashed into it.

I’m still a bit worried though. they closed all of our schools and put the area on alert.

I live in Laurel Maryland and live about 2 miles from the NSA(National Security Agency) complex in Fort Meade.

Folks… the Pentagon ,FBI,CIA, have got Nothing on what goes on over in that Complex.
This is where the real Spy stuff goes on.
(NSA is commonly referred to as “No Such Agency”)
I have many friends who work there and although they would never tell me of anything that really goes on there,(well they could but then they would have to kill me directly afterwards)They have said that if S*&t hits the fan, NSA will be Ground Zero.

I’m still a bit freaked about the whole thing, but my family is here and safe and that is what counts.

My first thoughts as this mornings events unfolded ,was Janet(jade_nyc) and I’m glad to hear she is okay ,but still has family that may not be ,so again, Brightest Blessing be upon you and yours Janet.

To any of you who have family or friends unaccounted for,
Brightest Blessings to you and yours also.

I cant help to feel Blessed that I was somehow “re directed” from that area today.

Gratefully
Hawkfyr (Tom)