ZBrushCentral

Alex Ross Inspired Superman

:smiley: Hi All
Inspired by Alex ross Superman ,stated this a while back, .Elements still to be added and tweaked…Hope u like it:D

Attachments

superman.jpg

Great!!! This is going to turn out to be one of the best supermans out there…great job on this. love everything about it.

Looks like a real promising start. The only part that bothers me right now is the shoulders. Although, I realize it’s still a WIP.

Cool start!

I think for how well you’ve done his face, you should go back a few steps and rework some anatomy to really lift the rest of the sculpt. His upper torso feels really soft - not good for the man of steel. There is no real evidence of a clavicle (may be the render?), the volume on the shoulders is a little lacking and lumpy and they look short too. The biceps are too wide at the top, taking shape away from the front deltoids and disrupting their origin. The brachialis is off a bit too and flowing in the wrong direction. The brachioradialis and extensor could be shifted up the axis of the arm a little. Their origins are along the tail of the tricep and more or less terminate to tendon halfway down the forearm.

His legs need some loving as well. Too keep it short, some volume and mass changes on the upper legs, definition of the knees and below.

:slight_smile:

Skinnybonez- Thanks a lot :smiley:
Webhead - Thanks , ya i aree, have to correct and tweak a lot of things :wink:
Skasse- Thanks for the inputs, will try to improve on those and other areas

A Wip of Batman ,still tweaking around :smiley:

Batman.jpg

superman update

He has a nice classic look to him. The muscles on his chest and torso look more defined now. The legs could use some more details/refinement Maybe less wrinkles in the cape.

Hi All

Posed and details added in zbrush ,rendered in keyshot .Hope ull like it:D
superman02batman02.jpg

zbrush screenshot
superman02batman02zbrushscreenshot.jpg

Attachments

superman02batman02zbrushscreenshot.jpg

The cape wrinkles are a little overdone but nice work.

very cool work. I instantly recognized the alex ross style. you captured it perfectly.

I have one small critique though, I know in this version (kingdom come) alex ross didnt do much muscle definition on the costumes, and your sculptures’ look might change once you texture these,
but the pelvis area look way too soft to me on both of them.
Especially Batman, he looks like he’s wearing diapers. I would add some muscle definition reflecting on the underpants, making the pants a little bit tighter. :slight_smile:

a little bit closer to this perhaps,
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/149143273/ALEX_ROSS_BATMAN_LIFE_SIZE_STATUE.jpg

or jim lee’s batman
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs42/f/2009/078/1/4/Spotlight_on_Batman_by_jimlee00.jpg

keep up the good work. you are going strong.