ZBrushCentral

Some Bad News

This was really difficult for me to poast. As I type this I am sitting here crying. On Christmas Day as I was sitting next to my Grandmother on the sofa she suffered a massive stroke. Our family calls her “Nana”. She is 99 years old. I was the first to notice something was wrong when I noticed her breathing wasn’t right. When we called her name there was no response from her. After the ambulance came in took her to the hospital, she couldn’t talk and she didn’t recognize any of us. Right now she’s in the hospital in a coma and isn’t expected to make it.

I could really use some encouraging words right about now. :frowning:

hello WingedOne!

bad news that are for sure- must be a very heavy experience to be sitting next to a beloved person, not really registering what happens in the body touched so many times… ohboy!

argh, its so difficult to find words to ease somebodies pain and sorrow in that situation that would not sound shallow, so knowing that they sound shallow in your ears right now anyway, i can only assure you that they come from my heart:

you told us that Nana is 99 yrs. old… and as it seems she was feeling very well until that sadsad day, until the very minute it happened. i for my part wished that i would go on that journey that way: being old, happy, healthy, amidst my beloved ones, as much as possible of them, and then, in the middle of jollyness - whoosh - i want to leave within a second and without me noticing it. maybe i would even make this my xmas-wish one day. and my only sorrow would be that those that are with me are too sad to see that my biggest wish became true… maybe.

i hope for Nana, that she might have thought that way and that she does not feel any pain. having you as a grandson must have brought mucho sunshine in her life. be assured that a big wave of deepfelt emotion is leaving to travel to philadelphia from over here this very moment. i really like it that you posted your thoughts and pain. good luck, amigo.

• juandel

Hello WingedOne.

I feel you loss and pain. My own grandmother slipped away in such a manner.

Take strength in knowing that she left with you near. Take strength in knowing your beloved held your face in her mind at that very moment. This was her comfort. This was your Christmas gift. You were there.

99 years of life. What a wonderous gift to consider. 99 years of joy, pain, suffering, excitement, struggles, victories, loses, family, food, dance, and laughter. Nana is a blessed woman. She was able to watch you and your family grow, add, change, fight, laugh, eat, and celebrate. She joined you on Christmas Day. 99 Christmases. Nana is a blessed woman.

She was able to quietly let go. Mourn the loss, but do not mourn the life.

You have my prayers. You have my cares. You have my sympathy as one who has walked the same road 3 times before.

Nana is a blessed woman.

You are blessed as you were with her to the end.

So sorry to hear about your Nana. My Dad have a massive stroke on Boxing day three years ago. He is making progress now but is paralized in one arm and one leg. The fact that something like that happens is bad enough but when it happens on a special day it seems to make it all the more poinient.

Our thoughts are with you.

G

WingedOne, I’m so sorry to hear about this. I know how painful loosing someone in the family can be… it was a shock to me when my only remaing grandparent passed away last year, though he had lived a long life.

I imagine this comes as little comfort, but- remember she has lived a long life already, and gain a little happiness from that.

Hello, WingedOne. I, for one, think of ZBCentral as something of an extended family – so when something like this happens it affects all of us in some way. I am deeply sorry to hear about your Nana. Somehow, holidays like Christmas feel like days when everything is supposed to be happy and joyous, but news such as yours shows that it’s not always the case. :frowning: My thoughts and heart go out to you and your family, whatever the outcome may be.

adding to the pool of encouraging comments, it is my firm belief that life is to be celebrated, and death to be accepted at times like this. I didn’t know your grandmother, but most people would like you to do the same after they passed away; carry on.
and of course, my friend, pain can always be an inspiration and a way out, so don’t quit on your creative processes, especially the ones you are doing for your own self-fulfilment.

much love goes to you

I´m very sorry
it´s hard to loose your loved ones
don´t really know what to say
except I do feel very bad for you and you Nana

It’s hard to see our closest loved ones go thru hard times. It’s also hard to see the suffering they go thru as well. I always try to see the silver lining in every bad incident though…We should all hope that we can be able to hit our 99th birthday…that is something else all in it’s own. Your loving Nana has lived in one of the most wonderful centuries in my opinion known to man and has seen more than most of us could ever experience and witness in a normal lifespan. She has lived and seen a couple of generations of family grow before her eyes…She sounds to have been a real survivor…I know she is thankful for a long life and you all on the home front should be thankful to have known that woman…so many of us lose family members of that age before we are even born…you have had the honor of knowing her and she of knowing you…and that is a special gift unto itself…I hope she pulls thru …just remember though, that when we go…it’s just the body…not the spirit or the memories…and their love is around us constantly even though they are not there in the physical…I lost my father two years ago…His birthday was on Christmas…i always think about things I should have said and done with him, but ya know something…if we had done things any differently between us…then it really wouldnt have been us…it would have been strangers going thru the motions…I don’t know if this helped ya any but my thoughts go with you just the same…

Dear wingedone, I do not have the words in my vocabulary to adequately say anything to you that has not already been said, surfice it to say, that you have many friends on this forum who are thinking of you and saying a word or two to the great architect. Be happy that at 99 she has lived a very long and based on what you have become, fruitful life, yet when the time comes we are never prepared for it, no matter how much we try. All the best and have strength my friend, we are standing with you.

im sorry about your nana wingone… the only thing that i could tell you to brighten your spirit is God is going to take good care of her… so dont be sad ok…

Hi WingedOne,

I really feel sorry for you and know how you feel cause my mother died this year at the age of 52 (cancer). Your grandmother had a very long life and to me the main thing is that they have no pain. The lose of people we love is part of live.
Best wishes to you and to your familly.

Sascha

WingedOne,

So many great sentiments have been given concerning your “Nana.”

I may be redundant, but it truly was a blessing for your grandmother to have you and her family close by. Keep reaching out to your friends and loved ones and you’ll get through this.

warmest sympathies,
Adman

Thanks everyone for your support. I can only hope to live until 99. I can’t imagine what it would be like to see all the things she has seen. She was the only grandparent I knew. The others passed away before I was either born I was too young to remember. Her husband passed away when he was 35.

She’s still in the hospital. I really didn’t expect her to hold on this long. Last time I was in the hospital her eyes would be open from time to time and she was looking at people as they either spoke to her or moved around. We talk to her, but she has no way of communicating with us so we have no idea what she is feeling or thinking or even if she knows who we are. I feel like there is a wall between us.

The doctor had her taken off her heart medication, because it wasn’t helping to stablize her heart. All of the medication has to be given to her with an I.V. because she can’t swallow. If she was able to take medication orally it would help and they can’t use a feeding tube, because it would be too traumatic for her and only make matters worse.

Just keeping you all up to date what’s been going on so far. All I can do now is wait…

sorry i didn’t see your post eayler i dont come to this part of the forum much.
sorry to hear about your Grandmother i know how you feal i just went threw the same thing not to long ago but my Grandmother passed away.
i would feal good some time then sad.
the good fealing was from she was getting old and every one knows you can only live so long and she had lived to her Fullest which most people don’t get a chance to see that part and she lived it…
and the sad part she passed away.
a little of mixed fealing of fealing happy for her and sad at the same time the two emtion don’t mixs well.

I just received word from my brother that my grandmother had passed away at 5:00 am this morning. I’ve been expecting it coming, so I’m pretty much over with my mourning at this point. Now, I’m just happy that her suffering during the past couple of weeks is now over.

You are in my thoughts Winged.

Winged One, I offer my sympathies to you and your family members
Kind Regards,
Ron :white_small_square:

Sorry for your sad news. You are a good grandson. Condolences to your family.