New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Callister's sketchbook

Hi everyone,

Big fan of the Zbrush community and really glad to be able to be hear to share some of my work with you guys and hopefully get some feedback, seeing the work here I clearly still have much too learn.

This is a recent piece I've worked on, it's a study of Cosimo I de'Medici by Benvenuto Cellini that I came across on a recent trip to Italy with a good friend of mine. I like to take alot of inspiration from history and from the Renaissance and classical periods in particular. This was my first time trying to make a composite render using different passes, in the past I've simply used Marmoset or the likes.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BPR_render_grey.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	406.3 KB 
ID:	441023  

Like it a lot. My only critic is about the eyes, I see them popping out a little bit, but dont take it seriously as I dont know too much about facial anatomy at all (or the original piece).
    Good work!

Thanks man, yeah I know what you mean, they seem to pop out a little too much, I tried to keep this as accurate to the original as possible, here's the reference I was working from.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Very nice work!

Thanks man, glad you like it.

Allright so these are some skeletal studies I made last year, still a lot to learn on the rendering process but definitely looks better than before. Some small updates made to the surface of the skull.

Nice job on the skeletal model. The thing that pops out to me is the glenoid cavity. In the first image I can't really tell if its there, and in the second it seems to appear that you have one but the humerus looks
    as if its just a bit high. If the glenoid cavity is there, then it should come up a bit, and a bit more anterior so the head of the humerus sits on top of the cavity to allow for joint articulation. Im not sure if you are going to revisit this project
    due to the time it takes just to get it this far but hopefully that helps. I know how much work it can be (as you know) so great job on getting this far on it.

Thanks Daniel, that's a great observation actually, I completely missed that, I think I've been staring at this thing for wayyy too long. Maybe someday I will comeback to it and just fix up that scapula in general, I've learnt alot from the whole experience of it, but it is an incredibly daunting task.

Content for Mature Audiences only. Click to view

Mature Audiences Anatomy studies update

Hey guys,

So I've just got a quick update on some of my work, have recently come back and re-rendered some an écorché study I did last year, modeled and rendered in Zbrush. I still have a lot to learn in the compositing process, but I'm happy enough with it for the time being.

Nice update.