Default First time sculptris user - self-portrait model

Hi guys,

I'm a long time 3dmax user and just started messing around in sculptris for the first time yesterday. I instantly got hooked and what was originally just a blobby attempt at a face soon became a self portrait after a couple of hours.

I'd like to start playing around with brushes next, adding details like pores and wrinkles to the skin. I'd love to hear your honest feedback, and also if you have any brushes you'd recommend :)

Thanks!

-Saad
    https://www.behance.net/SaGaDesign

I removed the unnecessary geometry previously used to mess around with facial hair/etc, to refine the base model further. This is a test render after exporting to 3ds max.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the polygon artifacts left over from the import process? I subdivided my mesh in sculptris as much as possible without crashing the system, then exported a .OBJ file and imported into 3ds max with just the default settings (plus "single-mesh" checked of course). No amount of mesh smooth or turbo smooth seems to get rid of the polygon artifacting...

Any hints / suggestions/ feedback for this total noob over here would be *much* appreciated

Getting closer, here's the model on day 4 of work, along with the wireframe + polycount in 3d max.

Not that anyone cares apparently, but here's the final model I'm pretty happy with the end result, given that I just started using sculptris a couple of weeks ago.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hard to judge since this is a self portrait and we don't see what ref you use (you obviously know it very well)
    But just like that, what immediatly jump at me is that the corner of the mouth is not defined at all and that give a strange look to the whole mouth area, and the eyes seems slightly too pushed outward especially in
    the inside of the eyes (nose side) but that can be something that is actually fitting the reference so I'm not totally sure. The softness of the transition between the bridge of the nose and the eyes corner is also too much IMHO,
    but once again maybe it actually fit the portrait.

oOther than this, I would say it's a very promising piece especially condiering the little time you have with the program so far, well done.

here is a great mouth sculpting video (traditional sculpting but technique can be applied to 3d) I've learn a few stuff with this one, maybe it can give you some hint as well

http://youtu.be/tbxdws5fr-w