Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Question Fibermesh Export, then Import into ZBrush loses its info

Hey guys,

Is there a way of exporting fibermesh out and importing it back in ZBrush and still have the grooming brushes be functional? Currently, when it is imported back in it will get treated as a normal object which is somewhat expected.

If there is a way, how can that be done? Is there any place ZBrush store fibermesh info which they can be retrieved even through ZScript so that when the fibermesh is imported, the grooming brushes can correctly work on it?

I really hope there is a way!
    Thanks!

Yasin Hasanian | CG Artist

LinkedIn

ZBC forum

ArtStation

You can store your fiber settings so you can recreate your hair later, but once they leave as a mesh that's it.

Thanks for the response Doug, however, I'm not really wondering about storing Fibermesh creation settings, I'm wondering what makes fibermesh different inside ZBrush that the grooming brushes can be functional on them. This would hopefully allow me to still have those brushes functional even if I import a fibermesh into ZBrush.

LinkedIn

ZBC forum

ArtStation

Moderator Follow User Gallery

I imagine that the fibers are tagged in some way so that ZBrush recognizes them. But there's no way to restore the tags that I know of.

Ah that's kinda depressing, I wrote a whole plugin to reduce fibers but then knowing they can't be treated as fibers made it all useless

LinkedIn

ZBC forum

ArtStation