ZBrushCentral

ZBrush Miniatures Showcase

I’ve been doing a fair amount of work with Fantasy Flight Games in the last year. It’s all been under quite strict NDA so haven’t been able to talk about it. However, have opened this thread to post about the models as the games are released.

The first one is now available. It’s Star Wars Imperial Assault. Here is a link to their site showing the game itself. You can see the actual model of my work there

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ed…e.asp?eidm=271

There are a few miniatures, but the one I did was the Imperial Walker which is around 100mm (very big for a miniature). It is obviously slightly different proportions from the real thing as the legs were going to be too thin for a print. It’s squater, and the head is bigger. Happy with how it looks in it’s tiny form though. I’m very pleased to have been involved in a licensed Star Wars game if I’m honest I can’t wait to get my hands on the actual miniature. All done in ZBrush.

And below is a render of the final mesh, in Lightave.

ATST.jpg

Attachments

ATST.jpg

Just realised I hadn’t uploaded this with my other Fantasy Flight Miniatures.

Here they are…

VoidStalkerMiniature.jpg
Frigate.jpg
Xcom.jpg
R2D2.jpg

Only one left to publish from FFG.

Attachments

VoidStalkerMiniature.jpg

Frigate.jpg

Xcom.jpg

R2D2.jpg

Dude! Beautiful work! I also worked on Forbidden Stars. I did the Chaos ships. I should post those sometime! But gorgeous work on all of these. So very clean.

Thanks mate. I look forward to seeing your work. My game arrived today, but haven’t looked at it yet.

Nice! I just got my copy a week ago. I still haven’t played it, but hope to soon! Lots of rules to read, haha. Love these renders, though. I really need to render out some beauty shots of some of my work and actually start posting on here.

Awesome renders and great sculpting job! Crack open the box! The game is a lot of fun besides the bucket full of plastic bits.
You should post some shots of the actual plastic with some object for size reference so people can appreciate how detailed these are for the size. I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews about the final plastic bits.

Thanks, Yeh my plan is to set up a good lighting set to take actual photos of the miniatures and then do renders showing the same :slight_smile:

While your at it do the Chaos for me, lol :slight_smile:

Wow, great stuff, brother!

Cheers sir.

Oh wow I really love that AT-ST miniature, great work on all of these!

Thanks and thanks for dropping by :slight_smile:

I really loved the challenge of doing something so complex and hard-body completley in ZB. I would normally have done this in Lightwave, but that would have been useless for printing.

Really looking forward to showing my current project but I’m NDA’ed up the wazoo about it just now :frowning:

Now get on with Drebin :slight_smile:

“Sgt taker her away and book her!”

“Sgt Takeraway, sgt booker”

:slight_smile:

No worries, your work is awesome! Looking forward to seeing that new work after the NDA.

ZBrush is ideal for hard surfaces and 3d printing, I’ve got a Form1+ at home and it partners up really well with dynamesh and the 3d print export plugin.

“We’re sorry to bother you at such a time like this, Mrs. Twice. We would have come earlier, but your husband wasn’t dead then” :lol:

I shall begin work on that Drebin bust post-haste :wink:

What do you think of the Form 1? That is the one I was going to get (when I was going to get one - no money now :slight_smile: )

I’m interested to see what comes of the new technology introduced recently. I need to get one of these printers at some point though

I love my form1, but it can be very temperamental. IMHO it’s prints are probably the best quality you’ll get out of a desktop printer, but the printer itself needs a lot of maintenance and has very delicate mirrors that are very susceptible to dust. I’ll post up some of my prints eventually so you can take a look, but there are some on my Artstation too :slight_smile:

I guess I’ve taken an ‘early adoption’ approach to owning one, but it can be a very daunting experience if you’ve never owned a 3d printer before!! If you need any help before buying feel free to PM me (I’ve had mine for about a year) :+1:

Final one of my FFG miniatures is finally released.

Skeleton.jpg

Attachments

Skeleton.jpg

Great work! the prints looks very good and detailed. I have been looking to do some printing and any advice would be great! look forward to seeing more from you!

Peace,

None of these are prints :). They’re all renders. I do plan to photograph the miniatures but haven’t gotten round to it yet.

These look great Gordon, it looks like you’ve got the right balance of details on them, look forward to seeing photos of the finals :+1:

Cheers. I got myself a macro lens for my camera so I’ll be able to sort out some close up shots.