Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Tiny3D printed dioramas based on iconic horror scenes

Gah! I suck at uploading pics to forums! Anyways, my name is Jason Bakutis, long time member. This is my latest obsession. It's called MicroFear, and you can actually get them (and more pics, AND a sweet vid) on Kickstarter here:

http://www.kickstarter.microfear.com

They are basically like tiny Aurora monster model kits. I sculpt them in Zbrush, and do the engineering in Rhino. Then I 3D print the parts in wax, and make a silver master. Then, I make silicone molds, and cast the remaining parts in various materials including FINE BRONZE (using matcaps helped me visualize things).

3D printing and casting lets me bring my Zbrush creations INTO THE WORLD!!!

Think REALLY TINY AURORA MONSTER KITS!!

Here is a tiny, tiny, yet ever-so-detailed 3D print of the Pit and the Pendulum victim (entrails on the right hah).

Thanks for looking! Please check out my Kickstarter campaign at
    http://www.kickstarter.microfear.com

Hi
    I am trying to develop high resolution or photo-realistic
    3D architectural printing models.
    Is there an answer out there?

Regards,
    Harry***65279;

New Member Follow User Gallery

“3D printing and casting lets me bring my Zbrush creations INTO THE WORLD!!!”

That’s true. Miniature hobbyists are totally in awe with the perfect combination of 3D printing and software designs. Man, I like how you print that tiny Pit and the Pendulum victim. I’m thinking of the final touches for my miniature war gamers; do you think fine bronze can stick to clear PLA filament?
    3D2PRINT- Creating the 3rd Dimension