ZBrushCentral

Environment Art Stuff

Hey guys, first off, Zbrush ROCKS! (Why did I just think of literal rocks being sculpted in Zbrush?:confused:) Secondly, here is an environment piece for a cathedral enviro I am working on for my portfolio. I’ll try and post more render tests like this one as I develop the scene assets so they can be seen up close because in the final shot, you might not get to see all the small little details. Let me know what you think!

• Jamir

Pulpit_PostCompressed.jpg

Attachments

Pulpit_PostCompressed.jpg

3 Likes

That’s spectacular. What’s the poly count on that?

Wow! This is an environment on its own! real nice.

I love it…
Amazing post!

nice details

Hey, thanks guys! You all have very impressive work as well.

The poly count, before decimation was xtream lol…like 12 mill. The final production assest has been decimated and sits just under 3 mill.

Mytholon I love your renders and composition!

michalis you make awesome use of panels and your sculpts are freakin awesome.

Thanks for the comments!

Quick tileable study - Midieval Bricks

Beauty_Comp.jpg

Zsculpt.jpg

Attachments

Beauty_Comp.jpg

Another brick sculpt, messing around with design.

TexturedModelsharp.jpg

ClayModel.jpg

Attachments

TexturedModelsharp.jpg

ClayModel.jpg

:roll_eyes:

Hey guys, here are some grabs of some environment stuff I did for a network promo. Hope you like it :slight_smile:

Attachments

Hey guys just wanted to share some more stuff with you. The cleat was modeled entirely in ZBrush using dynamesh and standard brushes including, well, the standard brush along with Dam Standard for the creases and sharp edge lines and polish and Hard polish brushes. The meshing along the inside of the shoe was created through nanomesh (or micromesh? Can’t remember exactly haha). Also the laces were just standard curve brushes then converted to polymesh and sculpted on top. Rendered in Arnold for Maya.
Cleats_Beauty_small.jpg
Cleats_GreyScale_small.jpg

For the forest scene, The trees and plants were modeled in Speedtree or as Maya paintFX and then brought into zBrush to sculpt all the detail. Texturing was done in mudbox and Photoshop and the BG is a matte painting. Final render done in Vray.
forestBeauty01_small.jpg
forestLight_small.jpg
forestDMP01_small.jpg

For the volcanic landscape, base models were created in Maya first and layout was done to first establish a camera and composition. The scene was then exported to ZBrush and sculpted. Displacement maps were baked out and that was used in maya for final render using Mental Ray. Also got to play around a little but with fluid sim in Maya for this one.
volcano_beauty1_small.jpg
volcano_model_small.jpg

Attachments

volcano_model_small.jpg

Cleats_Beauty_small.jpg

Cleats_GreyScale_small.jpg

forestBeauty01_small.jpg

forestLight_small.jpg

forestDMP01_small.jpg

volcano_beauty1_small.jpg

Hey guys, fixed the image links I uploaded earlier, they were all broken :confused:

Some procedural modeling using just the surface noise modifier to mask your plane, and the squeeze modifier under the deformation tab (you can alternate between x,y, and z combinations for different looks). I’ve found that this is a really quick way to get some interesting shapes going and gives you ton of surface detail and variation right from the beginning. Be sure to use it on a plane that’s not too dense, doing so makes the result too noisy and much more prone to artifacts from my experience. I’ve found that a point count between 100,000 and 200,000 gives the best results for a clean silhouette and you still get plenty of suggested detail for you to build up on. Happy ZBrushing!

ProceduralRock_02.jpg

ProceduralRock_01.jpg

Attachments

ProceduralRock_02.jpg

ProceduralRock_01.jpg

Super cool stuff! Very impressive indeed! I’ve always been scared of trying environmental stuff, but seeing you making all of this with my favorite medium, makes me wanna give it a go too!

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

-Sudhan

Heya thanks Sudhan!

Here are some more recent works I did as an environment lead on a commercial project.

Final.jpg
EnvModel.jpg
FGRock_LookDev.jpg
FGRock_zBrush.jpg
islandRock.jpg
IslandRock_Model.jpg
Jump_LookDev01.jpg
jump.jpg

I had the opportunity to help establish the look and feel of the environments for the story. Modeling was all done in Zbrush and brought to maya to render and do look dev on.

Attachments

Final.jpg

EnvModel.jpg

FGRock_LookDev.jpg

FGRock_zBrush.jpg

islandRock.jpg

IslandRock_Model.jpg

Jump_LookDev01.jpg

jump.jpg

Some more breakdowns. Thanks for viewing!
stepsEnd.jpg
Steps_LookDev02.jpg
steps_LookDev01_HD.jpg
steps_LookDev_04.jpg

Attachments

stepsEnd.jpg

Steps_LookDev02.jpg

steps_LookDev01_HD.jpg

steps_LookDev_04.jpg

Went back and gave some love to this guy. Featured in this month’s issue of 3D Artist Magazine. Hope you dig!
OrnamentalModel_Large.jpg
StepThree_Detailing.jpg
StepTwo_Refine.jpg

Attachments

OrnamentalModel_Large.jpg

StepThree_Detailing.jpg

StepTwo_Refine.jpg

Another ZBrush practice

table_001.jpg
table_002.jpg
table_003.jpg
table_004.jpg