ZBrushCentral

new sculptings

hello,

i want to start here with a new gallery.
first work is a sculpt of thanos, is not final.

Attachments

thanos_new2.jpg

i did some work on the base:

thanos_new3.jpg

worked on iron man head,
hope its better a bit.

thanos_new7.jpg

Coming along nicely :):+1:

a pose and its ready.

thanos_new9.jpg

Digging your Thanos. Love how clean everything looks.

thx man

worked a bit on the body,
hope its better now.

thanos_new10.jpg

No prob. :wink:

little update:

thanos_new11.jpg

try to posing:

thanosi2.jpg

Attachments

thanosi.jpg

like final, critques are welcome:

thanosi4.jpg

His right hand looked more natural in the previous pose. The new position looks awkward to me. I would also suggest you maybe give the body a bit more dynamicism. Perhaps spread the legs a bit? Change his stance slightly? The left hand (the gauntlet) and his head turned to it was a great idea, I just think you need to carry that into the rest of the figure.

changed the stance and the posing of right arm

thanosi5.jpg

here thanos without colors only sculpting result.
what do you think of ?
want to give him a fist on right an and than its final

thanosi7.jpg

Tenyon is right, perhaps you should have just left his right hand/arm in the position it was, though, a fist might work?? STANCE changed? Um, am I missing something? I think Tenyon is just pointing out to give Thanos some more ‘life’ (action if you will) with his stance, I don’t know, maybe bend the knees or a knee, bend a foot (lift from the heel some), add some twist to the torso, bend him at the torso a little toward us or heck, away from us?? (just some ideas) Everything else is cool (like the head turn as well and the position of the left arm and hand). Again, love how clean everything looks. Remember, take everything with a grain of salt, just my two pennies.

thx for your answer.
did a bit more on posing, hope its better, what do you think ?

KfAb0x.jpg

Attachments

KfAb0x.jpg

Great work so far.
i would invest some more work into the legs.
they look a bit contourless and unfinished.
and make the right leg his stand and the other his playleg
making his pose even more dynamic

Believe it or not, I like the previous one (where he is looking up). Ya know faarooq, I did a search over at google (thanos, action poses) and strange as it may be, most artists have him in the pose you have him in, go figure. But, I did find the following link interesting: http://that-figures.blogspot.com/2011/07/review-marvel-universes-thanos.html
it shows him in many different poses… perhaps will spark your imagination further? If not, as I just mentioned, your pose seems common for this character. Remember, none of us are ‘art directors’ here, were just giving you ‘our thoughts’… helping out a fellow zbrusher. So in the end, go with what you feel is right for you and best makes you happy- :wink:
Dragon out-:+1:

thx for reply, but i dont want to pose him another.
maybe a throne will be coming.
he is not ready, but last night i did some work on my hulk,
what do you think, about him ?

hulk.jpg