ZBrushCentral

Matt Berg's Sketchbook

Hey guys, first post here.

I’m working on a gladiator sculpt, here is an image of its progress so far. Please give me some feedback if you will be so kind.

Attachments

gladiatornew.jpg

hey matt :slight_smile:
looking good so far
a few things:
-look at references of cloth. your folds look off
-the muscles on the upper leg are too defined and there is a muscle missing between them
->look at references for it
-I think it would improve the pose if you bend the upper body a bit forward
I guess the feet are still in progress so I’m waiting for the next update :slight_smile:
keep going! you have a solid model so far

Thanks Fynn for the feedback!! I worked on the cloth a bit, toned down his legs, worked on his feet too as well as some other stuff. Here are some more photos

Thought he needs an actual face so worked on it a bit:
face.jpg

I hope this is an improvement!!

Heres a progress keyshot render just for the hell of it:

Hey guys,

I’ve recently built my own 3D printer, here are some photos of test prints i’ve made with it.

It’s a top-down DLP system. It still has a lot of calibration issues but I’m really happy with how its working out so far!!

It is comprised of a z-axis lift, DLP projector, vat of makerjuice resin and an arduino microcontroller and stepper motor driver. Super simple to build and operate. The program I’m using is Creation Workshop.
I hope the prints get more crisp and well-defined, so I can print cool monsters and make resin kits!! :slight_smile:

Matt

Attachments

10869665_10152603978105959_5940341144184129738_o.jpg

10873546_10152580106800959_6967384700448488881_o.jpg

10872906_10152572544560959_8233944654889016527_o.jpg

10482066_10152572544375959_3154034467198274462_o.jpg

10872975_10152572544400959_8932734993119728701_o.jpg

10644324_10152571836650959_6733059854669938465_o.jpg

That home build printer is awesome!
Do you have any videos of it?
or a build plan?
what res beamer are you using?

Wow those are some pretty nice prints for such a set up, any chance you could give more info on how to make one of those printers? Are you going to print the Gladiator, would like to see how that turns out too. Nice job!!

The prints look nice, my favorite one is the head that you are holding. Interesting 3d printing solution. I would love to have a printer. This is the first type I have seen like yours though.
Just be carefull the cardboard box close to the heat worries me a bit, as far as fire safety is concerned.

CookieMonster - thank you, its an acer P1500 projector, it is 1920x1080 resolution. I don’t have any videos, but it pretty much works like this minus the wiper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-eSRdxjvD8

j.fernwright - thanks! i might write a blog about how to build one soon on my website.

Daniel Biggers - thank you, yeah i cut the cardboard a good distance around the lens just in case, i hope nothing horrible happens!!

Hey guys,

I’ve been trying to do a likeness sculpt of Ninja from the South African group Die Antwoord.
I love his head shapes and alien-like features so I thought it would be a good practice!

ninjaprogress.jpg

These are some of the references I’ve been using:

die-antwoord-ugly-boy-video-0.jpgtyler-murphy-die-antwoord-interview-01.jpg

Any critiques are very much welcome! I’m a bit stuck from staring at him for too long, please help me out!

Hey,
Not sure I can offer any crits really. Just wanted to say that the sculpt image jumped off the page at me and I instantly recognized who it was… so you must be doing something right.

thank you so much rob! :slight_smile:

Here is a new creature concept I made in ZBrush, Keyshot and Photoshop of a character out of my friend’s novel about sentient insects.

This guy is supposed to be one of the generals of the beetles:

Here is the ZBrush sculpt and keyshot passes:

sculpt.jpg

Thanks!!

Here is something I’m working on, based on the Lisker character from Guyver, but my own take…
Heavily influenced by Simon Lee’s amazing work

liskerupdate.jpg

Any suggestions for improvements? Obviously I need to detail him more but in terms of proportions and primary&secondary shapes??
Thanks!!

I feel like he has no neck, which could just be the pose I guess. Other than that, I think it’s great work.

I like the design of anatomy, reminds me of a movie called Mutronics, good job

Teyon - Yeah I need to work on the neck area, but his design really doesn’t have much of a neck.
Gigdigital - Thanks man it is totally based on the Lisker from the Mutronics movie.

Here is some progress on the paint job of the Lisker, I’m not sure if I should continue with this color palette… Any advice on patterning/color textures?

liskerprogress.jpg

Projected some textures and posed out the duder

The Lisker is looking good! Are you going to give his skin (the front of his body) some finer details as well and will you leave his eyes black?