Member Follow User Gallery

Default Sketchbook 2014

Well I guess I should start a new sketchbook since I've found time to get some 3D stuff done. This guy is a character I came up with when I was about 8 or 9 years old (named him "fire dragon" back then, taken to calling him "Draco" now.) I was going through some old art work and came upon an old superhero drawing (I have that drawing attached) and decided I wanted to try and re-vamp it for fun. I'm pretty new to hard-surface modelling, but I'm having fun learning. This is the final concept mesh for the main body (there will be a tail part, but I'm not quite there yet, that will be next) before I start building individual armor parts. I'm open to any comments or criticism!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Looks very good. I think the upper legs may be too long compared to the lower legs, and the head is a little too short. I'm picturing it fitting inside that helmet, I may be wrong.

Thanks Znub! I appreciate the feedback! Here's a screen grab of the model proportions with no armor, I think the way I have the armor set up may be making it look a little off, but I try to make sure my proportions are straight before I jump into sculpting, if you still see something amiss though, let me know (also the neck looks stretched out because it's modeled for the armor, I think that's apparent on the forearms too, but I figured I should point it out.)

Cool character.

I think the height of the shoulders and the length of the upper arms might be making the torso look a little off (elbows should be at navel - around head 5), and the upper legs also do seem just a tad long.:

Thank you Thor! I appreciate the feedback and you giving me a detailed layout of what should be edited! I've made the edits and I definitely think it looks better.

A little update, started on the tail, just gotta spice it up a little.

hey corweee
    the knees need to be higher
    keep going
    artstation page ---> https://www.artstation.com/artist/fynngb
    my deviantart page ---> http://grimnor.deviantart.com/
    my youtube channel ---> http://www.youtube.com/user/FynnGB

New Member Follow User Gallery

The tail looks a little bit too rigid, and its way to high for my taste... Everything else looks good.

Thanks madDog! I plan on rigging this guy, so the tail will look much better once I create a nice pose for him. I might have to make it a little longer if anything. And it's higher up on the back because I'm trying to give him an interesting handicap/backstory, involving him being a paraplegic until he has the suit on which allows him to walk again, or maybe something that he has in his back that also powers the suit, maybe similar to an iron man handicap, not sure yet, but the tail is essentially wired into the section of his back that's broken.

Some progress building out the armor, definitely more pieces than I expected, haha.

Default Home Stretch

Well, I'm finally almost done with this guy, had to take a little time off because of a big move, I still have a little clean up to do and a couple pieces to make, but I'd say I've got this guy about 95% completed. Definitely a learning experience.

Everything is built, now just render testing.

This character is coming along nicely!

really nice! waiting to see him textured

Thanks guys! Here's a final clay render with a bit of Photoshop work. I'm actually not sure if I want to throw textures on this guy or not yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast