Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Polypaint Modes Shortcuts plugin - V2

Polypaint Modes Shortcuts Plugin

Very simple plugin with shortcuts for polypaint modes, that you would normally
    change using the Brushes > Alpha and Textures > Polypaint Mode numerical slider.
    I never recall which number is which mode and always have to read the popup info
    again and again... So I wrote this very little plugin to have an easier and clearer way
    to set those modes. Dock any of the switches where you want on your interface.

It comes in two versions, one with bigger buttons with full mode names (A), and
    another one with smaller buttons and abbreviated names (B). Download and install
    wich one you prefer.

It checks the active mode at startup to activate the right switch, and unpress the
    previous switch when you click another one, but do not check if you change the mode
    with the usual slider as you probably won't use both the plugin and the original slider
    so it would be unnecessary and a waste of resources to do so.

To install, just copy PolypaintModes.zsc in your plugin folder, which is by default :
    Windows > "C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R?\ZStartup\ZPlugs"
    Mac OSx > "/Applications/ZBrushOSX 4R?/ZStartup/ZPlugs"

DOWNLOAD :

VERSION A
    VERSION B

Hope you enjoy it, happy zBrushing !!!

***UPDATE*** V2 : Changes :
    > Fixed a bug that prevented the switches to be activated on the first click after having used another plugin. That was caused by the fact
    that the initialization commands were executed each time the user switched between different plugins.
    > Fixed the issue that you could unpress the current switch, now stays pressed like it should.
    > Made two separate plugin versions, A with large buttons and full mode names and B with small buttons and abbreviated mode names.

Here's the source code in case you want to have a look. Feel free to modify it, even to include it in your own plugin if you want, etc...
    ZAdjustor Plugin for ZBrush : adjust Draw Size, Focal Shift and Z/RGB Intensity by simply moving your mouse/stylus while holding down a hotkey, just like in photoshop, mudbox, mari, maya... Many options.
    ZAdjustor0.92 for ZBrush 4R7/4R6 32bits OsX - (OSx version for ZB4R7 64bits coming soon)
    KeuPon is Jean-Julien JUPINET

Cool. I always though this was too hidden or difficult to access. I use them all the time in my UI...This will make it a lot easier.

My GumRoad

ZTree
    Terrain Tools (OS X)
    Terrain Tools (Win x64)

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Thank You!

I was looking for something like this!
    it is very helpful
    Sorry about my english.. Im still learning it

I agree! This is extremely helpful in tidying up the workflow!

THANK YOU!

Thanks for all your kind words !!! Very motivating even for a so small plugin (that for sure isn't ztree or zadjustor).

I noticed that even it is very small the plugin had some bugs. So I fixed them, and I also made a second version with smaller buttons. So the plug is now V2A for the regular buttons version and V2B for the small buttons version. I paste the changelog below. You can find the download links in the topmost post, with also the source for the two versions.

Hope you will enjoy it !!! Have a nice zDay everyone !!!

***UPDATE*** V2 : Changes :
    > Fixed a bug that prevented the switches to be activated on the first click after having used another plugin. That was caused by the fact
    that the initialization commands were executed each time the user switched between different plugins.
    > Fixed the issue that you could unpress the current switch, now stays pressed like it should.
    > Made two separate plugin versions, A with large buttons and full mode names and B with small buttons and abbreviated mode names.
    ZAdjustor Plugin for ZBrush : adjust Draw Size, Focal Shift and Z/RGB Intensity by simply moving your mouse/stylus while holding down a hotkey, just like in photoshop, mudbox, mari, maya... Many options.
    ZAdjustor0.92 for ZBrush 4R7/4R6 32bits OsX - (OSx version for ZB4R7 64bits coming soon)

Thanks for the update! The problems weren't noticeable, so I'm glad you caught them!

Very helpful. I didn't realize you could paint in these modes.
    It's a shame they don't have a few additions. Burn, soft light, difference, overlay, etc.

Doug do you mention BPR filters for tweaking the final aspect of the renders or are you saying that there's a way to somehow use BPR filters to affect polypainting ?????? If you mean the second one (affecting polypainting) I really really would like to know more about that !!!

Thanks for your kind words everyone !!!
    Have a nice zEvening and happy sculpting