ZBrushCentral

Sculpt Dump

Hey,

I visit here all the time but rarely post. So I’m going to try and change that. Last year a had the pleasure to do some concept work for the dragon in 47 Ronin.

I took early paintings from my colleagues in the Framestore Art Dept Kevin Jenkins and Joseph Mclamb. Then developed it to this the final digital maquette.

47ronin_2.jpg

I miss the horns and beak face but the Director wanted it to be more fox like. Here are some renders done in Modo and Zbrush.

_5522222_orig.jpg_7139170_orig.jpg_2822512_orig.jpg_5287237_orig.jpg

After I finished the sculpt the guys at work did some colour paint overs. You can see them over at www.framestoreart.com.
Hope you guys like. More to come.

_1282505_orig.jpg

S

2645738_orig.jpg

Here is a Splinter concept I did. Everything was modeled in zbrush and rendered modo.Comped in photoshop. I cant to get keyshot for zbrush. I will save me so much hassle.

Cheers

Sam

Both concept and execution are top notch.

So sick!

You nailed it with that splinter concept, so much emotion in that piece.

Cheers Guys I really enjoyed the splinter concepts I did. speaking of which here is some more.

1744729_orig.jpg

In this on Clothes are 2d but the body was rendered in Zbrush with Photoshop paint over.

5754268_orig.jpg

This one is pretty much all zbrush a little photoshoping at the end.

Wow, cool work man!

very cool man

Hey Guys,

Here is a I character I did last Weekend for the my mini factory Halloween contest. It was for the category curiosity cabinet. Really fun 1 day exercise I have a poly painted version I’ll post later.

Its meant to be some sort of weird bat beetle specimen.

You if want to have the model you can download it here

They have also printed it in red but on pretty low setting.

CURIOSITY CABINET1.jpgCURIOSITY CABINET2.jpgCURIOSITY CABINET3.jpg

Your Master Splinter is the BEST I’ve seen. Awesome work!

nice works here. cool stuff!

Cheers guys mean a lot. :smiley:

it’s been a long time since i last saw anything from you, sir.
great to see new stuff from you. keep it coming.

-r

lovely models! :slight_smile:

Cheers rasmus, I have atons of freelance work to post just have not got round to presenting it yet. Might post some stuff for dracula in a few months.
Thanks fynn:lol:

The hunter one, Just a experiment with pose Heavily inspired by ‪#‎SimonLee‬ aka ‪#‎spiderzero‬ I really look up to that guy.

theHunter1Low.jpgtheHunter3.jpgtheHunter4.jpgtheHunter2low.jpg

Hope you like

Sam

Attachments

theHunter3.jpg

theHunter4.jpg

The hunter one, Just a experiment with pose Heavily inspired by ‪#‎SimonLee‬ aka ‪#‎spiderzero‬ I really look up to that guy.

theHunter1Low.jpgtheHunter3.jpgtheHunter4.jpgtheHunter2low.jpg

Hope you like

Sam

cool studies sam.

-r

Hey Guys,
Had some sparetime, So I’m working on something new. I’m loving the Keyshot bridge its making my day to day work sooo much easier. I know it sounds cheese but it really is.
Here is a render from my latest personal project. Everyone like robots right ?
BBPN_SAMROWAN_3_low.jpg

more to come sam

Attachments

BBPN_SAMROWAN_3_low.jpg

hey man, that looks fantastic! I actually really like all of the stuff you posted in your thread, looked at all of it.

I totally agree with the zbrush/keyshot bridge I rendered a similar scene with 5 million triangles in suuuuch a short time it’s unbelievable.
Do you mind listing the brushes you used? Did you do any work with the new hardsurface tools at all?

It looks like the surface hasn’t been cleaned up an is sculpted rather than modelled, right?

Fantastic looking work. : )