ZBrushCentral

printing Ring

I’m working on this ring for my girlfriend and I’m already way to late. But this is because I have a problem.
I want to print this ring in silver via Shapeways.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cBVH_7jJltY?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder=“0” height=“480” width=“853”></iframe>

To do this the model needs to be one piece. Now I have separate parts that I need to merge together. The only way to do this (as far as I know) is to make it a dynamesh. My desktop can’t handle the high-res conversion and the model turns into something so low that it isn’t even renegotiable as the original model.

Is there another way to do this or does someone have a tutorial or any other way he/she can help?

Attachments

ring.jpg

Perhaps give this a go-

duplicate your merged model
dynamesh to a resolution your machine can handle
subdivide the dynameshed version and as you divide, project (subtool->project->project all) the non-dynameshed version onto that subtool so you get that detail back

there will be some stray vertices that you’ll have to deal with by smoothing as you go up the divisions but the clean up shouldn’t be too nasty

good luck!

There is a plugin called “dynamesh master” who add a few option to dynamesh. There is a possibility to choose precisely the number of polygon, rather tha a resolution… You should try it

Before doing anything make a backup copy.

Decimate each piece then merge them together and export to STL or OBJ whichever they’ll take.

Even if the pieces are separate but overlapping they should print as one piece if the overlapping isn’t too thin.

WOW. It suddenly worked without using other methods.

I used decimation master to give each subtool a low polycount, merged the subtools and then when I was searching for a resolution my dynamesh could handle IT JUST WORKED!

So I guys I was giving dynamesh to many points to work but now with the little polycount it worked like a charm.

I used resolution 1700 in dynamesh btw. It came out with 800 million points. I brought it back to 50 and now I can send it to Shapeways :slight_smile:

Thanks guys!