Default Tisiphone

Hello,

This is a personal project that I want to document here from start to finish. My intention is to finish her as a real-time character. The concept belongs to the talented Anthony Jones, link here: http://digital-art-gallery.com/picture/15522

I called her Tisiphone, after the Greek Fury. Tisiphone was one of the Erinyes or Furies. She was the one who punished crimes of murder: parricide, fratricide and homicide. In Book VI of Virgil's Aeneid, she is described as the guardian of the gates of Tartarus, 'clothed in a blood-wet dress'.

Here is the first work in progress BPR shot. Any comments, critique and feedback are welcome.

Default Update 1

Clothes and upper body update. Need to recheck proportions and zremesh it.

I like the concept.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Yes, when it comes to stylized, surreal concepts, Anthony Jones is the best.

Default Upper body update

Upper body update. I have a good feeling about this one. Can't wait to see the real-time model in Marmoset.

Default More refining

A bit more surface refining. Mistress Tisiphone.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Awesome love the pose very graceful and the design, i have a suggestion how bout trying longer arms from what you have that would make her even more graceful. (Kind of like a ballerinas body)
    Email Digitalfrankie: artbyfrankie@gmail.com
    Digitalfrankie Webpage:https://www.digitalfrankie.com
    Digitalfrankie on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Digit...51651858236943

Thanks for the comment, Digitalfrankie! That's a good idea, I'm going to try it out and see how it looks.

Default Tisiphone final renders

Personal project based on the awesome "Alleb" concept by Anthony Jones, you can see his painting process here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBig...XaIvBra3RmjGag
    Tisiphone was one of the Erinyes or Furies, and sister of Alecto and Megaera. She was the one who punished crimes of murder: parricide, fratricide and homicide. In Book VI of Virgil's Aeneid, she is described as the guardian of the gates of Tartarus, 'clothed in a blood-wet dress'.

In Greek mythology the Erinyes also known as Furies, were female chthonic deities of vengeance; they were sometimes referred to as "infernal goddesses". A formulaic oath in the Iliad invokes them as "those who beneath the earth punish whosoever has sworn a false oath".

Real-time character modeled in Zbrush, re-topo & UV's in 3DS Max, textures in Zbrush and Ps, rendered in Marmoset Toolbag, re-touched in Ps. Done in Zbrush, 3DS Max, Photoshop, Marmoset Toolbag

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsz_tibineag_tisiphone_render_11.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	387.5 KB 
ID:	427695  

A few more renders:

hey man,long time didn't check your works.this is great.you really naild the concept.keep it up & good luck.

Thanks for the good words, man. Glad to hear it.

Thumbs up Wow

Love this concept she is so awesome. What a great character so unique. I love it so much I think this should have a top row spot jus for the design of her. I want her dress. Did you sculpt this entirely in ZB? How did you make the folds for her dress. So very very awesome!

All the credit for the concept and the design has to go to the master Anthony Jones: http://www.robotpencil.net/
    All I did was the sculpt and the textures, trying to stay as true to the concept as possible. Thanks for the comment Seavannah!

I did sculpt her entirely in Zbrush. For the dress I started out with dynamesh, drew the flowing lines on the surface with the standard brush and a lazymouse. Then I masked the space between the lines and with ctrl + w turned them in to separate polygroups which I then exported to 3DS Max for retopo.
    On the new topology I started to sculpt the folds by using a standard brush, with the alpha number 50 and its falloff made smaller and again the lazymouse. I used a large sized brush on a lower subdiv mesh, and kept on smoothing, when I was happy I increased the subdivs and refined the folds.

That's about it, hope I made it clear enough.