Okay, here we go: http://pixologic.com/

And no Spirals with the Zremesher! Yeaaaaaah! -> http://pixologic.com/zbrush/features...ts/#ZRemesher2

Default System requirements

What are system requirements for4r7. I need a new co putter and I want the best set up to use your product.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

blackstraircase I would look at this http://docs.pixologic.com/getting-st...-requirements/

Blackstaircase - The specs Jubala provided the link for are based on the 32 Bit version 4R5 but you will be better planning for the 64Bit version of ZBrush. 4R7 is the last one to have a 32 Bit version. 4R7 comes with a 64 Bit "test" version and ZBrush 5 will be 64 Bit only. You will want multi core processors and a decent amount of ram. My system is getting old but I have two dual core processors and 16GB of Ram and it works well with both the 32 and 64 Bit versions of 4R7.

dlangley i was just using showing hom their specs but yes atlast a dual core and 16 gigs of ram will work well with zbrush4r7 both 32 bit and 64 bit a graphics card does not matter because zbrush does nto rely on graphics cards. If you want to use keyshot with zbrush i would suggest gettsing ataleast a dual core processor and atlast 16 gigs of ram and a decent grahics card because keyshot relys on graphics card for rendering. I have a geforce 210 for a gaphics card lol but it does the job for rendering using keyshot

because keyshot relys on graphics card for rendering.
    Does it? I thought it was strictly a CPU renderer?

bjpentecost you are right

blackstaircase Im using a I7 2600k water cooled and overclocked at 4.6ghz, using 16 GB of ram, with several SSD drives.

If you want to make a decent system, go with a high quality processor, or one that has good scope to overclock such as mine on a budget, have good cooling if you do that, but of course at your own risk. Ram will be eaten up by Zbrush 64bit, 16GB is just about enough, im left with 2.5GB after sub dividing a model to 62mill polys.

Hard drive, if speed is what you after get a quality SSD. I use a Samsung 830 256gb as my main windows drive, I use a OCZ Vector 256, and Kingston SSD, as my main drives. These days you get some nice featured Motherboards, make sure yours has USB3, and Sata III. PSU dont skimp on, get a 80 plus standard PSU with good reviews, good ones come in around £80 onwards mark. My graphics card isnt that powerful, a older GTX 260, works fine, I dont do gaming.

Dan.

When building a capable machine I would go over your intended goals as far as performance is concerned. Future proof your computer now and you wont have to spend more for years to come. My machine is 7 years old and the software for multithreading and 64 bit versions that use all the available ram are still catching up with my hardware.
    Twin xeon quads
    32 gb ddr2 (server motherboard)
    2 sets of 4 120 gb sas hard drives each in a raid 0.

Newer programs are being designed for linear performance rather than the past where they were designed to only use X amount of computing power with the rest sitting idle. So instead of only using 1 core, they will use all 12 or however many, if you have it.

64 bit 4R7 has been awesome using all the ram, however some functions arent working right. Zremesher being one of them along with random crashes. Of course its an unsupported beta, but 4R5 will be a supported 64 bit version.
    Keyshot uses tons of ram importing and setting up your sculpts. Then uses all your cpu when rendering.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default I can not open the project in ZTL 4 GB.

I can not open the project in ZTL 4 GB.
    when he worked in the project and saved it, while maintaining wrote,ile saved to disk successfully
    note the file size exceeds 4 gb and it is recommended that you reduce the file size to prevent loss of fail
    to reduce the file size you may reduce the number of items in the project and or disable the undo history.

and now I can not open it

Member Follow User Gallery

Are you using the 64bit executable of ZBrush? 32bit apps generally can't load files >=4GB into memory, often much less even.

New Member Follow User Gallery

a 64-bit version

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 12375258596061