Fantastic new low-poly modeling tools and great to see integration with keyshot - with keyshot I am guessing those were not the best examples of possibilities of keyshot - I am certain you could do better , at least I hope you can.
    Not to be the downer but I was really hoping to see some enhanced retopo tools (they implement all these new brushes and zremesher which is fantastic but for a production ready model you always need full control so topology tools like in Topogun/3d Coat will always be required and retopology will always need to be done outside of Zbrush). Also for me personally as an overall package I was hoping to see pixel texturing otherwise again we need to look outside of Zbrush for that whether that is 3d Coat/Mudbox or Mari. I do understand that it would be hard to compete with specialized packaged like Mari but hey 3D Coat/Mudbox have better texturing capabilities. Let us only hope that 64 bit will allow us to subdivide model to the point that will be able to create 8K texture.

I am really impressed by whatever Pixologic brings to the tabled and in fact it is always revolutionary what you guys are doing it is just those things mentioned above for me personally would make Zbrush a complete package.
    Great job.

Cheers,
    Serge.

Nanomesh loses it's significance and it would be a damned shame if GoZ can't export those instances, as instances, to various other supported apps.
    I can replicate what they did there with polygroups exported and some surface painting or surfaces cloning tools available in most apps. But I would lose the flexibility of working locally.

You've provided obviously a beautiful new feature, I just hope it's supported in more than just Keyshot. Don't get me wrong, I love keyshot, but it's not VRay.

Please reupload the FULL Gentle Giant interview, the DVR cut out when the livestream had problems.

Member Follow User Gallery

Every time they've released something, it's gotten closer and closer to fixing all of the problems I have with importing from non-poly based modeling programs. With how things look in r7 that I've seen so far, it may very well be possible that I can just import the unsupltable model in since I need that for exact sizing and just use it as reference and quickly pull out a box instead of having to go in and try and painfully do it via retopo or something. And with the ability to round edges out without screwing up the rest of the geometry now, I could possibly even import cutters for the shape and just round out edges without screwing up dimensions.

And being able to basically box model base meshes by pull faces out of things like they showed in the video and the female figure pic is the kind of thing I've been waiting for in ZBrush. Will really help with things that need to start with a more boxy shape and hard surface modeling. Especially given my importing problems.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Thumbs up Cas----> 4r7

Fantastic upgrade!
    Thank you zworld!!!

-steve cas

Eye of Hawk

It would be great if you can get atleast 4k out of polypainting but with 64bit Im sure you can sub-d all the way up there!

64bit is cool, the new modeling tools look nice, but what about improving/fixing the zRemesher, and add subtools folders/groups?

this is also proof they will be charging for zbrush 5, which I think they should.

vert cool~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Question Yo!

Can someone recap day 2 Zbrush demo?_?
    I saw day 1 but missed day 2.
    Any more features shown?
    ZBrush - Narrowing the gap between Imagination and Manifestation DeviantART

New Member Follow User Gallery

would also love to see a recap of any new features revealed today...

CyberSpawn2100
    This is what caught my eye on Day 2 Demo

They showed off more of the bridge functionality like they did making those tread like features on that table thingy. This time on the same plane he selected a circular hole and briged it to L-Shaped cutout and it created a arch to both openings.

Also showed off what I think they called Nano Particles. Basically Insert Mesh on Steroids. He created a simple box model bridge and gave all the sides their own polygroup, then open up a new panel for the Nano Particles and put a rock Insert Mesh onto the Bridge, which at default puts a Insert Mesh onto each polygon face. Then went to the panel and adjusted the settings, which there are alot of settings to play with, including Randomization, Offset, Rotation. By the end of it he had a stone bridge with wood planks across it. Cool thing about it is the particles are instances of the Insert mesh, so its all editable, you can even go in and edit the insert mesh itself. You can even edit the underlying mesh and the particles will update. It was Cool.

really agree with what eye of hawk said. The low poly tools are nice, but people have been asking for better retopo and better texturing solutions for a long time now. I appreciate the free updates I really do, but a real auto retopo (that works better and on hard surfaces) would be a game changer. Many of us just want a quicker pipeline to game engines.

Cool! Can't wait it!!!

Page 3 of 61 FirstFirst 123456122752 ... LastLast