Member Follow User Gallery

Default Sketchfab updates

Hi ZbrushCentral!

Big news: with the Zbrush summit coming this weekend, we've just released version 2 of our ZBrush exporter! Optimizing your models and publishing straight to Sketchfab is now easier than ever. It comes with baking and decimation, among other things, check it here. For those who haven't checked Sketchfab in a while, we've also released a complete redesign of the platform, as well as a cool annotation feature. You can create a free account on sketchfab.com

We'll be announcing our future Sketchfab-related updates here. Quick reminder in the meantime: you can embed your Sketchfab models here on ZbrushCentral, simply grab your model embed code and paste it here, just as below

Alban for Sketchfab

My Sketchfab Mesh
    by maxime.rouca
    on Sketchfab
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-08-06 at 11.20.41 AM.png 
Views:	234 
Size:	193.6 KB 
ID:	420069  

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Thumbs up

Wow that's incredibly cool. > < .

This is a real game changer, especially when I think about how easy it will be to show a client a model, fully textured, 360 x 360 with this method of display in just a web browser.

Super job on this, congrats

Default Nice!

Read the blog post, saw the model, and had to try it out myself:

Mudokan
    by Captain Chromatic
    on Sketchfab

My thoughts:

1) Very nice exporter. I love how it essentially walks you through the process when you follow each step.

2) Important to remesh and decimate your model yourself; the wireframe on mine is a hot mess, since it was essentially a dynamesh sculpt. Definitely could have been cleaner.

3) Not sure why my model is lit so poorly. Does Sketchfab work best with Matcaps (that have the lighting baked in) or am I skipping a step/option somewhere?

Anyway, bottom line is: I like this plugin!

Edit: just noticed the missing textures on his eyes and belt, too. Going to have to troubleshoot this guy...
    Last edited by TheArtMonkey; 08-07-14 at 12:43 PM. Reason: More observations

Thanks for giving it a try! You may want to add an environment for image based lighting.

We also just published a slideshare step by step presentation:

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 4.33.46 PM.png 
Views:	198 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	420789  

Default Physically Based Rendering at Siggraph

At SIGGRAPH, we are previewing the next generation of rendering: Physically Based Rendering also know as PBR. With PBR, models materials are more accurate and work great under all ligthing conditions. PBR will be available to everyone on Sketchfab later this year.

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-08-09 at 4.51.34 PM.png 
Views:	248 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	420790  

Default Sculpting Monday

Hey everyone,

We started last week 3D sculpting Monday: the idea is to share a quick & fast 3D sculpt on a given theme every Monday. The theme is announced on Friday, and you have the weekend to work on it, but no need to make something complicated!

Winner gets features and wins a $25 Shapeways 3D printing coupon. How does that sound?

This weekends theme is: DINOSAURS. More info on our blog.

Last was Nature, below is the winner

Common Toad. #3DSM1
    by Mieke Roth
    on Sketchfab

Default Sculpting Monday #3

The theme for this weekend's sculpting challenge is Chimera. Participate to win a $25 3D printing voucher from Shapeways. Check out the contest details here.

The winner of last weeks 3DSM 'Dinosaurs' was Ralf Straube with 'Raptor. Congrats Ralf!

Raptor #3DSM2
    by RalfStraube
    on Sketchfab

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Just tryed it was alot of fun....
    thx Lou

Thanks Lou, that's good to hear! We're announcing a new one today. Go and give it a try, you could win a 3D print by Shapeways!

Default 3D Sculpting Monday #4

The theme for this weekend's sculpting challenge is 'Marine Life'. Participate to win a $25 3D printing voucher from Shapeways. Check out the contest details here.

The winner of last weeks 3DSM 'Chimera' was Mieke Roth with her awesome Lion/Snake creature. Congrats, Mieke!

Chimera #3DSM3
    by Mieke Roth
    on Sketchfab

Default 3D Sculpting Monday #5: TOTEM

The theme for this weekend's sculpting challenge is TOTEM. Participate to win a $25 3D printing voucher from Shapeways, and eternal glory Contest details here. It's a speed modeling contest, so feel free to enter with just a quick and fast sculpt.

Winner of last week's 3DSM "Marine Life" is Carlo with the amazing Deep Sea Fish below, congrats!

Deep Sea Fish #3DSM4
    by Carlo Bergonzini
    on Sketchfab

Default 3D Sculpting Monday #6: What Lurks in the Mist?

The theme for this weekend's sculpting challenge is "mist"; and mysterious creatures (plants, buildings, statues) that lurk in it. Participate to win a $25 3D printing voucher from Shapeways, and eternal glory! Contest details here. It's a speed modeling contest, so feel free to enter with just a quick and fast sculpt.

Winner of last week's 3DSM "Totem" is Voronartcom with his 3D printable Wolf head sculpt, congrats!

Wolf head sculpture #3DSM5
    by voronartcom
    on Sketchfab