Default Sam's new sketchbook

Here's some stuff I've been working on lately. Let me know what you all think.

-Sam

And here's a shot of the Keyshot render.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Really nice concept. I love it.

I guess I should've mentioned who the characters are. The first is Bug from the old Marvel Micronauts comic, the second is Salvador from Borderlands 2, and the third is Kenpachi Zaraki from the Manga/Anime Bleach.

-Sam

Micronauts for the win! Haven't seen Bug in ages. Great work!

what a pleasure for the eyes!thanks for sharing

Hi Acornboy. Gotta love bug. My brother and I grew up with the original toys, we use to play for hours with the Micronauts. I actually still own all the original comics from Marvel. Interesting thing is, years later, in my adult life, I actually coloured a couple of issues for Devils Due when it was with them. I have always fantasized the idea that Marvel (wonder if Takara still owns the rights?), one day, would/will make a live action/3D movie of the Micronauts... kinda what they just did with Guardians Of The Galaxy? Wouldn't that be cool. Well so much for may blah, blah, blah... YOUR sculpt of bug is soooo cool. Great to see him in 3D. That right there would be a very cool collectible sculpt. The pose is neat and looks like his feet can support him. The dead ant heads are a great touch. Are ya going to attempt to make the rest of the crew? How about, you know who... Baron Karza? (Hey, ain't that Darth Vaders evil twin? Wait, I mean, no, I mean um...). Keep rocking, love your work.
    http://dragondragon.deviantart.com/
    "The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world".
    Max Born, Born 1882, German physicist and mathematician- Instrumental in the development of Quantum Mechanics.

Hey Dragon, I actually still have a decent number of my original Micronaut toys. They're about the only toys I couldn't bear to let go of.

Ha, that's fantastic. Man, if I knew back then how much those kinds of toys i.e. the original Star Wars toys, etc, would cost today... eeesh. I have no idea what we did with ours. Anywho, great to meet ya and keep up your AMAZING TALENTED work. Best.
    "The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world".
    Max Born, Born 1882, German physicist and mathematician- Instrumental in the development of Quantum Mechanics.

Just read Hasbro has the rights. In 2009 seems J.J. Abrams was to direct a movie version of the Micronauts, but, so far, no go. Man-

Hey Dragon, I think Bug is still owned by Marvel though. He was created just for the comics. I think Marionette and the commander are also owned by Marvel.

Ah, it's all in the details- ;-)

Hey everyone! Here're shots of the Vampirella I'm working on. Let me know what you all think.

-Sam

not convinced by the graves. though i love the way she seams to be e rope! great model, and hair too.

Nice line, flow to the stance (and hair, as mentioned). Gotta love a gal with nice, long legs.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast