Default Dragon Brushes

Im finding it easier and easier to get on the blog here and update.
    I made this after Michael (who sits next to me at work) mentioned he was planning to make some dragon Brushes for ZBrush. I thought that sounded great and it was right after i read an inspiring book( See previous post) so i dug into zbrush and popped out my first dragon from ZBrush. Granted ive modeled a dragon before but that was like 12 or 14 years ago so im rusty on the dragons I'll be the first to admit.
    I hope you enjoy and ill try and update as I go along.
    By the way here is a link to my mikey's brushes I used them all over my model and they are great. I had such a great time i used over 15 of the brushes but i couldnt tell you which ones at the moment. Awesome work Michael Dunnam.
    http://www.michaeldunnam.com/free-stuff.html

Default Final on this lighting

I havent figured out the lighting in zbrush much so this is the final on this lighting and i will probably do another sculpt and try the lighting again for practice.. Im trying not to revert back and light it in Maya, but we will see on the next one.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullColorDragon072814.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	365.6 KB 
ID:	418598   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullBWDragon072814.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	341.2 KB 
ID:	418605  

Default About a sculpt

A little on how I sculpted it:
    • I started in Zbrush with a sphere and immediately turned on the dynamesh at about 128.
    • Id turn it off and crank up the dynabrush setting to 512, 1024 and eventually 2048 periodically.
    • I was at 1024 I di use the big bumpy scaled to shape the face on a larger scale and I recommend that approach then turn it up to 2048 for the fine detail bump using Michael's brushes you can find herehttps://gumroad.com/mdunnam.
    • I only hit the 2048 when it was time to really get the skin detail though to dont forget if you do something with a detail brush then re-dynamesh alot of that detail will be lost. Which youll see some of the little bumps did get "muddy" when i started in 1024 and then moved up. That doesnt work well. But while Happy Zbrushing!