ZBrushCentral

Stencil coin not reacting

I have a stencil I am trying to enlarge and move. When I push “space bar” the coin appears but the crosshairs will not move and it will not react to mouse movements. Any advice? The stencil has a red box around it

You need to click+drag on the relevant part of the coin, so actually on the ‘MOV’ to move the stencil.

That’s the problem. I cannot move the cursor when the space bar is pressed. I have a brief moment then the cursor freezes.

OK, I misunderstood. I’ve not heard of this before (though I don’t think stencils are used much these days). I don’t really have any suggestions but it would be useful if you said what OS you are using, and the ZBrush version.

Edit: one other thing - have you any non-standard plugins installed?

Thanks,

Oh yes, that would most certainly be helpful.

Its a win7 machine.

I am running the latest updated version of zbrush 4.6

The two unique plugins I have are “Ply Format” and “Verold Exporter” The rest are standard

I’d temporarily remove them both and see if the controller works then. If so replace 1 and check it again. Good luck.

Thanks. You could do as Doug suggests but I have both those installed and they aren’t affecting things. I’m assuming that the problem only occurs with the stencil? For example, if you use one of the Clip brushes you can use the spacebar to move it around OK?

Yes, the stencil seems to only be the attribute affected

Thanks. One thing you might try is to hold the spacebar, click and hold down the mouse and then release the spacebar. You may then be able to move the stencil.