Red face Hi Everyone! New Artist Here!

I am a 3D artist of 5 months now and I absolutely every minutes of it! I was attracted to Zbrush because I was very impressed with this artwork I found http://www.pixologic01.com/zbrush/ga...ttachment3.jpg (Even though its more of a figurine then 3D model lol) and with the work my friend did with Zbrush with his 3D models.

Now I was thinking of buying Zbrush because I have been interested in making my own models and skin textures. (Which I think that I need to get Photoshop CS6 first to do some post work on my renders) Currently I have Daz for my model program and Luxrender is my render program, which I think that Daz has a special plugin with Zbrush if I'm not mistaken.

I'm still unsure about getting this so I was wondering if I can hear some opinions from other 3D artist on Zbrush with some samples of their work, that would be great

Also this is an OC I made myself which I'm proud of and I would say that this is my best piece of work.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

hehe 5 months? I see fun times ahead for you This is the Sculptris forum but you may have wandered into the right place. I don't use Daz I use Poser Pro but the principles and the work flow should be the same as I am pretty sure that Daz has a rigging add on. There are other people here that rig in another free program called Blender which is a very powerful tool. I concept and rough detail in Sculptris, then use a link between Sculptris and Zbrush called GoZ to send the model to Zbrush to clean up the mesh and UV it. I am not the best in the world and the personal gallery shows both successes and failures but on the first page you will see a model the great Spork Fu Master shared and which I Started to write a tutorial on Sculptris to Zbrush to Poser (Poser again by GoZ). Zbrush also has a GoZ to photoshop that allows you to do more texturing I may get back to that one day but right now I am caught up in a painting program called Verve. If you take your time you can probably do this also. Rigging can be tedious but the end results great!

I like your character!
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

New Member Follow User Gallery

I was wondering about Sculptris, just didn't type about it ._.
    How would you recommend a newbie like me to start sculpting? I do have some ideas in mind on what I want to make but I think it will be better to start with something simple.

Make an apple or orange.

Member Follow User Gallery

Xaessya - just download Sculptris , open it up and start pulling clay about.
    You'll be surprised at what comes out of it and how quickly. My first foray produced the Quasimodo in my gallery, much to my surprise.
    it's intuitive and very easy to pick up.
    Just dive in.

Default turn down detail

When you first start using Sculptris, don't make the same errors I did. Turn the detail down a bit. If it is too high, you have a ton of wasted polygons you don't need. you also can easily run into some folding issues that are near impossible to fix and it can ruin hours of work. It is nice to know that CTRL Z is your undo. Have fun

It is relatively easy to "delete" polygons (in case you ran out of undo history). If you just patiently use the reduce polygons and the smooth tool you can get some folded up polygons to smooth back out.

If you're wondering if you should buy Zbrush then spend a week or so in Sculptris, Sculptris is powerful, but from what I've seen of Zbrush it's crazy powerful. But I've noticed many artists using both together because in Sculptris you don't really have to think about your polygons or subdivide because of the dynamic tessellation. You should keep it in mind tough and not go crazier than you have to.

I'm pretty sure Sculptris is now the "trial" version of ZBrush, in a sense. So give it a run and if you dig it a lot then spring for Z Brush.