ZBrushCentral

Space marines a bit different

Hi,
Its my first post on zbrush central, but I’ve been peeking for a while here and there :slight_smile:

I’m currently working on my personal project, about private military contractors colonizing space.
Type of space marines, but done more realistic way - what would happend if we would be colonizing universe now.
No fancy futuristic designs, more rough, old school, gritty style retro SciFi.

Here are couple of characters in development. One of the space marines and alien character. I posed them clashing against each other. For marine the the design is a mix of modern soldiers and space suits that were used in missions, making it usable on different planets and in numbers of environments.
For alien I went for humanoid insect creatures from jungle type planet . Their civilization will be reminding of late aztec/maya indigenous style.

Critics are welcome
render2.jpg
render4.jpg
render1.jpg

and some Zbrush screenshots
together1.jpg

together2.jpgrender3.jpg

Attachments

render2.jpg

render4.jpg

render3.jpg

render1.jpg

together1.jpg

together2.jpg

Looks great) Like.

This is very cool man. Good job!

Thanks guys,
few more images

render3.jpg
together3.jpg
together4.jpg

Attachments

together3.jpg

together4.jpg

render3.jpg

Great sculpt! I think the space suite however, even in a real world, we wouldn’t use that same suite if we think we’ll be attacked. Looks too risky, even a tiny cut and we’d lose air and pressure real fast.

Intense! I like the exosuit and the crampons on the spaceman’s legs, nice touch.

Welcome to ZBC! Great first post! Nice sculpting! Nicely detailed. Beautifully presented. Great action pose, too! I do have to agree with panupat, though. Not the best suit for combat. He could use more armor. Other than that, it’s really great!

Nice egg sack you have there! :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness though; nice well thought out concept and great attention to detail. I really like the utilitarian spacesuit design.

TOP ROW!:+1:

Great composition. Great sculpting, great everything! Wel done.

Thanks for the critiques!
The idea behind the space suit wasnt meant to be heavy assault combat gear but more realistic approach in the space exploration. Soldiers that we have nowadays are not heavily armored. Usually its a kevlar breastplate, helmet and riffle.
So its more about the batteries, oxygen tanks, filters and electronics, combined with combat gear and small exoskeleton to support the extra weight.
I wanted to create something universal for exploration of different environments, than a battle suit.

Also I want to go retro SF style - less futuristic and more realistic, like how the space soldier would look, if we would be able to explore different planets now.
I’m planning to do some other designs in the future, also heavy combat ready. For now working on default version of the suit.
And some images of the suit :

astronaut_turntable_f.jpg
astronaut_turntable_b.jpg
And some work on the alien, it lacks of fine level of details, but got some work done on hands
alien.jpg
alien3.jpg
alien2.jpg

Attachments

astronaut_turntable_b.jpg

astronaut_turntable_f.jpg

alien.jpg

alien3.jpg

alien2.jpg

pretty impressive your work

congratulations

gorgeous! great dynamic scene ))
…and emotions

…Astec! :+1:

Aliens and spacemen! Awesome! Great pose, style and execution.

Hi, dude, it is great to see you here~! I still remember that you’ve told me your idea at your seat. time flies~! Looking forward to see you dude
Joey:D

Absolutely amazing work! I love the subject.

Great job! I like the detail. Realistic to what we know of today so its easier to identify with. Accepting an attacking alien is much easier after youve grounded the scenes space man in our reality.

Courageous, i have an amazing feeling looking at your work.

Insane level of detail. Impressive to say the least.

Dude, this is freaking rad! I love it. Are those Zbrush renders? What is the material/Matcap?