New Member Follow User Gallery

Question Transfering paint infromation to ZBrush

I am very happy with the GoZ button in Sculpting mode that allows quick transfer of your work to ZBrush and from there ..well sky is the limit if you learn how to use ZBrush and also spend the money to buy it. The question is about the ability of transferring color information added in Paint mode in Sculptris - I have created a few beautifully painted artifacts and I would love to transfer the whole work to ZBrush and use the program to prepare them for 3D printing, etc.. Is there any way to combine the form you sculpted with the colors you painted on and transfer it to ZBrush (or other 3D graphic programs)?
    Thanks in advance for your advice

Member Follow User Gallery

In Paint Mode, once you;ve painted to your hearts content, click on the Show Advanced Controls radio button.
    Press the Export Texmap button.
    Give it a name.
    That Tex map file can now be applied as a UV texture to your model in other programs.
    I'm afraid I don;t have Z-Brush so I can't help you with the steps for importing UV textures in that program, but you should eb ok from there.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Smile Thaks allot

It does make sense and add a valuable workaround in Sculptris - I can figure out the how to apply it in ZBrush