New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Working with digits

Is there a good working practice using Sculptris to create digits (fingers & toes). In that there is no quick copy & paste to speed up the process. Plus the fact that to best work on a hand (using your own as a reference) the camera needs to be upside-down, or the model rotate accordingly.

Member Follow User Gallery

You can copy/paste objects with [Ctrl]+C /[Ctrl]+V so I suppose if you make your fingers as individual objects then you can indeed copy and paste.
    As to the rotation, if you click on Options there is an option for Free Rotation, which I think may help you achieve what you're looking for.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hey Mac Making fingers and toes can be done by masking and pulling them out of the models hand. The results looks nasty at first. After that its a matter of reducing smoothing sculpting redoing until it is done. In my gallery is a scorpion/man I did in one the great Dreamz challenges and you can see the results there.
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

New Member Follow User Gallery

Sorry but how do you manage to pull fingers with grab brush precisely straight???Every time i try to do it i have an hard time,they are always inclined

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

My late 2 cents. What I've found that works for me is to start by putting a quick bump where each of the digits will come out from. That's more for me just for placement so that I don't push or pull things too far. One method from here is to then use the grab brush to pull out one of the fingers to the first knuckle. When using the grab brush, you always have to remember that it kind of keeps things moving on a plane that's parallel to the screen. You need to make sure that your screen is angled properly with that in mind. Though you can still go back and move it around if it isn't just right once you have that first piece in. From here I then push and pull the extended spike into what that portion of the finger should roughly look like. Once that's done, I'll use the Draw Brush again to extend another nub in the general direction that I want the second portion of the finger to angle. Using the Grab Brush to finish it off and back to same method for the last part of the finger. From here, you can finish off some of the rest of the details of the finger, but I like to wait a little bit for that so each of the fingers get the same treatment at near the same time. You can start the same thing for the next finger from here. One thing to make it easier is to mask off the first finger so that you can use the Grab Brush a bit more freely without worrying about messing it up. This works really well with toes since they tend to need to be really close together and Sculptris has problems with moving one surface really close to another when they are both unmasked. Keep repeating this process and it can be a quick way to get a few fingers/toes in.