ZBrushCentral

MrNunez Sketchbook

Hello everyone!!!

Lately I have been diging myself more and more into Zbrush and its just increadible how all the pipeline can speed up in this software. I proposed myself to keep practising more and more, and try to understand all features…and not just cover modeling and so on.

This time I decided to get into the process of Materials/Lighting/Rendering, and find out all kind of usefull tips I will post. The practice consise in a “Charles Darwin” bust, and trying to get a skin shader…is kinda tricky must admit as I was really use to 3dsmax or either maya, the metodology change complelty. The skin shader consist in the Quadshader, with 3 matcaps and 1 SSS shader.

Light, there is just one in scene…as I dont need more lights bcs the light is already baked on the materials. Anyway, I will try to keep improving the shader, Im sure I can keep going further with it.

I think on the next days I will post a tutorial about fibermesh as 1st step, was really interesting some stuff I found out and will be good to share with all of you.

Hope you enjoy it guys,

Cheers :slight_smile:

PM: As always any comment and critiques are more than welcome.

Charles Darwin 1K.jpg

…Evolution! :sunglasses:

During Darwin studies, I found really usefull the fact is possible to play with the curves in certain parameters. This feature is extremly useful to achive certain results. I’ve decided to explain the most important hair areas in the head from my point of view. I havent covered all the parameters, as most of those are quite obvious such a length, cover area, twist…and so on. The tutorial is mainly to show that this curves are there for something, and is great to see the results.

I hope you guys find it useful as I did.

Any comment is really welcome.

Thanks

EDIT*: Forgot to mention, for Beard Revolve, the rate is set up high. You can use btw 35-50 rates.

tuto-curves.jpg

Attachments

tuto-curves.jpg

Finalized the sculpt from the little Girl for “Dont be Afraid” project, based on Kim Kyounghwan ilustration. I decided to give myself freedom on her, as in the conecpt the girl is not facing the camera. For it, I took inspiration in Glen Keane drawings, and more further research about clothes. Really enjoyed sculpting this chap, something new and exploring new styles.

Started using Zspheres for proportions and define the silouhette. Remain pipleline Dynamesh + Zremesher

Hope you guys like it :slight_smile:

Girl_Zb_screens.jpg

Attachments

Girl_Zb_screens.jpg

Finished the sculpt from the Monster of my Personal Projects. This character I found ti much much easier than the girl, after all as a monster there is more freedom even If I have to stuck to the original concept by Kim.

You can see original conecpt here: http://www.tahraart.com/liz.htm

Maybe the tricky part is about anatomy, as I have to find a real reference for him, and ended up basing his muscle system to a Toad and a Chamaelon, is a pretty interesting shape as front arms are pretty short and nerby the neck,…fi there is a neck LOL

Hope you guys like it I will make new prevs soon :smiley:

Cheers.
Monster_Zb-presentation.jpg

Attachments

Monster_Zb-presentation.jpg

So I keep working on the project. Almost finishing textures for both characters and setting up materials. Will update some monster shoots with shaders set up soonish

nina eneteo.jpgNina head.jpg

Lovely work man.keep it up.:wink:

Thanks Diablo :smiley:

I will post some screens from the Monster soon, Im really happy with him atm. Nevertheless, the stetics differs from the girl so Im feeling like matching them up with a good shading! Still in progress…

Cheers :slight_smile:

Textures and shaders test from the Monster. I like to keep both characters progress along.

Monster_september.jpg

Attachments

Monster_september.jpg

Here is the sculpt Im creating for the polycount RIOT challenge. Hope you guys like it:

01.jpg
02.jpg

Attachments

01.jpg

02.jpg

Hey guys,

I have entered into the comicon challenge this year and the topic is to fusion to heroes. In this case the idea is to fuse 2 characters from the DC univers: Superman + two face. Already finished the sculpt, so did some BPR and created fibermesh on top of it to recreate it better.

Hope you guys like it :smiley:

Cheers!

01.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Attachments

01.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

3D Printed engangment ring

On december I proposed to my future wife with no ring LOL. My plan was to sculpt it in zbrush, and so I did. Here are some pics of the process :smiley:

The ring was printed in full silver and it keeped all the details sculpted, fantastic!

Btw, she said YES!..again

Happy San Valentine’s day everyone!

00003.jpg
Anillo_beautyRender.jpg
test2.jpg
00002.jpg
00001.jpg

Attachments

00003.jpg

Anillo_beautyRender.jpg

00002.jpg

00001.jpg

Congrats buddy.lovely ring.Happy Valentine to you as well.Wish you both love,luck & Happiness.;):wink:

greate ring. congrats!

Thanks guys :smiley:

“The traveler”

I leave you one little project I have been working during the last week. The intention is to practice the bridge between Zbrush and Keyshot.
I saw this original draw is made by Creature Box and immediately wanted to recreate in Zbrush. It has been a great practice for fun and must admit that discover new pipelines, like the weld system in the IMM tools. Also created a little guide with the progress on the sculpt

Hope you guys like it :smiley:

Ilustration.jpg
Ilustration_presentationi.jpg
Clay.jpg
Progress.jpg

Attachments

Ilustration.jpg

Ilustration_presentationi.jpg

Clay.jpg

Progress.jpg

beautiful work.

He is so cute!