New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Backup files

I've just experienced three Sculptris crashes in a row.
    Ordinarily going back into Sculptris I could have carried on working, only It seem to be quite unstable and bombed out as soon as I used a brush. Each time I restarted sculptris it loaded the latest version of my work (No dialog box). I decided to quit sculptris and that seem to over-write the file I was seeing each time I started up. Bye bye crazy buged eyed creature - hello Sphere... Lesson learnt.

So can I just confirm a couple of things:

The manual states: "By default, Sculptris periodically saves your work automatically". But exactly how long is that?? - 10? 15 minutes??, and can that be altered at all?

And is there only backup file ( _restore.sc1)?? Or are there more, saved out incrementally?

And before Gwen Stefani sings it: "Frequent backups saves the integrity of your work"

New Member Follow User Gallery

Welcome back file watchers. It seems that _restore.sc1 gets kicked out every minute. And who says a watched file doesn't get saved. No, wait that's something else...

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I'm sorry that no one answered your question. I didn't reply because other than saying "Keep saving. Sculptris enjoys crashing. Use the reduce brush if the polygon count is getting high" I've got nothing to contribute. I'm just used to that edgy 'is it going to crash' feeling. I buzz off the adrenaline. Lol. Oh, and I've noticed that the quicker you reopen Sculptris after a crash the more likely you are to find your work sitting there just as you left it.