Member Follow User Gallery

Default TEACH ME!! lol...continuing my first sculpt

feed back??

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

not bad for a start, you working from reference? if you're not you should. if you are you should post it then the advice can be directed to the reference. The eyes are lacking some definition, remember there are eyeballs in eye sockets but like i said with out reference it's hard to be specific. The shape of the eyes made by the eye lid needs work, the eyes are very important they can really make character believable. If your reference has tattoos it can confuse things because of the graphic, you may not read the form of the face underneath very well, if you're a beginner this is not so good. i found some ref with no tattoos just as an example. keep it up!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Maori-Warrior-New-Zealand.jpg 
Views:	1225 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	409856  

thank you! i will definitely keep working at it!...and also post my ref images with it. i didn't even think to post those sorry. The ref image i was using didnt have any tattoo on it either. was making up the ta moko myself

this was my main reference. but i wasnt going for exactly the same

thats cool, so I can see that the reference is small, not much detail around the face. its hard to pick it out. also you dont have other views, so that makes it harder than it has to be. You've got a bit of the likeness going which is good. You should take photos of yourself from different views in the same expression or find some ref on the internet. Sorry if this sound's a bit boring but it's the best way to make something that is believable.

Default progress??

good work, you're getting there. You need to remember that faces have a hard structure underneath the muscle and skin, the skull. You've kind lost that structure around the eye's. His whole head shapes looks to be a bit off as well, and a little more attention to the eye lids would be good. It's alot better than before. I would take the reference crop the head. enlarge it desaturate it, maybe run median of about 3 or 4 on it and use that as your reference. If you have it open in one program and line it up you can use the see through slider at the top right to check proportions. Its handy for that. I reckon have a bit of a go at that and then move on to making a neutral planes of the Head model, both a female and a male one for your self. would be a good learning excercise.
    good luck man

i've been working on male and female heads and there are so many things i need to practice, which i find fun. The one thing i keep having trouble with though are the eyelids. i just cant seem to get it right should i go back down in subdivisons and sorta start again??

Default My male head study

my sorta ref...

good going, what I think would be valuable for you is to try and achieve the major planes with hard edges just like the planes of the head reference. So to be clear I mean still go for the likeness but match up the planes on the photo reference to the planes on the "Planes of the Face" Reference.
    Here are some if you couldn't find any,
    http://ingetang.wordpress.com/compen...s-of-the-head/
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/6a...f+the+Head.rar
    this you have to pay for it but this site looks very good
    http://www.newmastersacademy.org/the...s-of-the-head/

Eyelids are tricky, you can always duplicate the face ztool do a zremesh and divide up and reproject the detail back on from the orignal.This might tidy up your mesh around that area but alot of it is just little tweaks so you get it looking right. Remember to use the lower subdivisions to do most of your work and higer up is for smothing and or details. To be honest I would not do details right now, go for a smooth look and concentrate on finding the forms and the way the relate to each other. Remember I'm not an expert I'm learning as much as your are, their is a lot of good info out on the interwebs use it. alot of free stuff to.

Lower subdivision level=less points to shift. It is in your best interest to retain them in case points aren't where they're needed, they're much easier to move into their correct location.

Default he who shell not be named...

im still working on my proportions...and the damn eye lids!!! DAMN EYEYLIIIIIDDSS!! lol. today i had ago at Zremesher and project again. First time i've done it since my first model. Polypaint and also lighting, which i dont fully understand at all. i will be posting my planes of the head study soon....i found that hard. but in the next couple of weeks i'd like to learn the female face and also sculpting the body. VERY much looking forward to that

Default hey, you old man!

i am now about a month into my zbrush learning experience! my WIP and also my first attempt at sculpting an old person. I'm pretty sure i have a long way to go but ill keep pushing. HOPEFULLY when i finish this sculpt i would like to model a woman then doing a full human body. i hope whoever see's this will like it and also help me grow and improve!....my goal by the end of this year i would like to have a job in 3d modelling.

Hello Greenshoes,
    That's a nice attempt for a first time.
    I would rework the ears which go down too much. The nostrils need to be more shaped, and the eyes especially the eyelid, cleaner. The mouth seem too flat, as well as the forehead where you may add more bones structure. As your guy has hollow cheeks, his zygomatic bone need to be pulled a bit more out, cause this area depends a lot on body fat.

Default My first torso sculpt!...need HEAPS more practice!

my reference...along with others

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast