ZBrushCentral

What I do in real life

Two log homes-one in the northern cascades(WA)finished last winter-one I just finished in Colorado in August-now I’m off to Penn Valley CA to start a new one

Thanks for the beautiful glimpse of your beautiful work Rhom!
I think I could really get into living with that Colorado one, if that’s the bottom photo…! :+1: :slight_smile:

SC-The one in Colorado was in “location perfect”.The Colorado River is about 100’
down the bank-Colorado really is a beautiful
place-this was very rural-I used to drive on unpaved roads for hours-seeing very few people and massive beautiful views.If I didn’t have what I have in Alaska-I would seriously consider Colorado.AlaskaRULES …NO QUESTION!

Ha Ha Ha --It kills me —when you said you were going to the mountains for a while to work —ahh hha hah haa --I Ha Ha–thought you were a forest lookout guy–or a forest ranger --or even Smokey the Bear–I didnt know you were a homemaker…err…home architect…building kinda guy! wonderful work on those fabulous places!

Im assuming that you had help building these. They’re fantastic. that’s a lotta glass on the front of the bottom one. Probably looks spectacular from the inside as well. When I finally manage to win the lottery this is the kind of set up I’m gonna get. Thanks for posting these :sunglasses:

Just got a brand new chain saw-It’s a souped up Japanese saw"Shindaiwa".It is very light-
so I can hold it right up horizontally in front of my face rip into a big log and kickback danger is lessened-so Robo you just keep up them smarty pants comments :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: or I might have to sharpen this sunzuvbeetch
-real purty-and haul butt up there and do corrective surgery on that lovely voice box.
nuff said!
:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :roll_eyes: Some times I get way to macho!

I have a crane and usually a homeowner(who- is a greenhorn).But it all works out.It’s
funny the way a 1500 lb swinging log makes people catch on real fast.Yeah Zoid,this might be what you want to put up.They are
a big bucks item(unfortunately that is not the end I’m on-I subcontract to put up the
logs)-then do all of the dimensional framing
roof system and railings,stairs -I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world-Going to Japan in Feb 03-for a year—thats enuf bragging-I do enjoy what I erect.(Excuse me?)

lol…ok Mr.Lincoln Logs…giggle…I am so glad you finally decided to share with us your work. Are these the ones that used the new steel inserts technique you were tellin me about? Very impressive work big guy…btw…(lol at the pm… :wink: )

Hi rhom!
Man, they are beautiful!
I was in the mechanical contracting business (plumbing-heating-air conditioning etc) for 27 years. I retired at age 46, I’m now 53.
Seeing those 2 beauties almost makes me want to go back to it!
(I said almost!) :smiley:

beautiful work, Mr. rhom – one of those things that you still can’t do in ZBrush :wink: :+1:

best wishes,

Kevin of Gainesville, who grew up in snow and near the woods

Very beautiful houses, Rhom! :+1:

Absolutly georgious!! Growing up we had a vacation home in PA, with a log cabin on the next lot, nothing compared to these though :slight_smile: Let me know if you have anything Victorian up your sleeve lol

Those are absolutely gorgeous! Is that top one available?? I’d move in in a heartbeat! Wow! What a great job you have! :slight_smile:

Beautiful work

No-the top one is owned by a long line trawler(Alaska Fisherman)-who likes to ski.It is located 3/4 of a mile from the ski resort on Snoqualmie
pass in Washington State.The home during the ski season is usually packed with children from his church.I finished this one just before Xmas 2001-when I left there was approx.10’of snow on the ground and it was snowing still-it is a ski persons dream house.Thank you all for your interest and comments.

Hi rhom!
It’s very beautiful! They build a house in modern creative designs.
If you need any MEP Services business in UAE (mechanical, electrical, and plumbing etc). kindly check the provilink.com

That is so beautiful. Nice work.