Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Back to basics

I've decided to start a thread dedicated solely to anatomy and forms studies. The idea is to make at least 20 full body sculpts of different gender, age, race and build. After that I'm planning to tackle facial expressions using the heads from these sculpts or by making new ones.

Anyway, since this is more of a learning thread, I'd be really happy if you could provide me with any kind of feedback and critic. Anatomy mistakes, forms, proportions etc etc. I'm more than open to honest feedback so if you have something to say, just let me know

Here's the first sculpt. No particular reference for this one, just some scans to better understand the forms. Quite unhappy with some areas, especially the forearms, lower legs and the face.

Member Follow User Gallery

Wow, great. Really accurate model. Could you post image with more even lighting?
    Looking for freelance work....

Sure, here you go

Awesome sculpt! I think his back looks especially nice, really natural. Personally I have trouble with it, just knowing where all the forms go isn't enough to achieve a natural look.

Can't wait to see more!

hi aleks!

awesome work.

i think the little hump on the abdomen muscles just below the naval, flattens a bit too much towards the crotch.
    looking forward for more progress here.

-r
    rasmus warming
    rasmusw.dk

nagulov said:
    Personally I have trouble with it, just knowing where all the forms go isn't enough to achieve a natural look.
    Nope ... you also have to have a good idea of the muscular and skeletal system.

Here's a link to a thread on ZBC where Carver has posted a download link to an incredible anatomical ZTool (bottom of page 4, previous links are outdated!) :
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?169189-Full-anatomy-model-free-download/page4 .

It is invaluable!
    Happy ZBrushing! Greetings, Dominiek D.R.

RasmusW: That was a good point. I addressed that area in the new sculpt.

Male #2