ZBrushCentral

aligning plugin or script for for zspheres (new one or improved please )

I don’t know why zbrush lacks some of the most fundamental tools or options. this aligning for example not just for zsphere there isn’t any such option for anything come on :rolleyes:. anyway I was drawing some connected zsphere and it’s really hard to pinpoint center point for drawing out new circles after a lot of struggle I enabled x and y symmetry there by finding the center but this solutions doesn’t work if single zspheres branch out :frowning: after a bit of searching I found a nifty little plugin from this thread PLEASE-A-REAL-ALIGN-PLUGIN-Zsphere but it’s not working properly anymore. once I activate it I can only use it once then next time when I press ‘F’ it centers the object and when I press ‘G’ it loads project master plug-in and gives an error related master project. for some reason I was successfully able to execute it only once, nothing happens in the same axis once an action is done :’( I beg the creator marcus_civis to update this script

somewhere in forum I once found there could be option somewhere which shows symmetry cursors depending on the individual object pivot where is it ?

please marcus_civi I even left you a message somebody please replay it’s been 2 days thanks…

I’ll take a look at this when I can but you’ll need to be patient - it’s a holiday weekend, and I’m busy! :slight_smile:

That would be awesome, I posted in the other thread ;). Have a great day :smiley:

yup indeed it would be ! thanks marcus It just that I saw you posting on other threads for two days and I thought a message or two grab your attention to this post :slight_smile: so sorry if it’s annoyed you and thank you so much for looking into this :slight_smile:

I’m taking a look at this but it’s likely to be a few days before I can post something. The plugin needs a bit of an overhaul to work well with the latest version of ZBrush, and I have other commitments. :slight_smile:

absolutely! take your time, we will be waiting :+1:

Here’s an initial version. I’ve got some further things I want to add but those will take longer (including, perhaps, a restore symmetry button), so I thought I’d post this so you have something to be going on with.

This is basically the same as the original, except that it is a plugin, so won’t disappear from the interface. Unzip the zip file to your Desktop then move the ZSC file to your ZBrush 4R6\ZStartup\Zplugs folder. Restart ZBrush and you should have a new “ZSphere Utilities” sub-palette in the Zplugin palette. In this you’ll find a “?” button which gives a brief outline of how the plugin works.

Download here:

:+1: Awesome, works great!!! Thanks! Restore symmetry would be super cool. :wink:

I’m bit late but, thanks and I’m on it :slight_smile:

Excellent, Thank You Marcus :slight_smile: