Default Xmen Storm - WIP

So I'm obsessed with Storm, and I've decided to use her as my practice piece, trying to achieve a high detailed model in Zbrush, here is the beginning processes, Does anyone know where I can find good leather alphas for her suit.

Default Update

I have added the cape and wanted to get opinions on which cape to go for,

Default Please help

So I have run into a problem, i'm not sure if its just me or if this is a zbrush bug, for some reason my materials are being lit seperately and in some cases they are just plain flat black. Admittedly I am still a newbie when it comes to ligting in zbrush, so maybe I am missing something.

See the screenshots below, if you look at some of the materials they are flat black and seem to be lit seperately.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

anyone know what i'm doing wrong pls?

My guess is you are using zlights. If you go to the zlights...go new light then delete it that may work.
    I like to turn on one of the regular lights then tweek only with the zlight cap feature.
    Hope this helps.

Default Thanks for your reply

I'm not sure I fully understand what your saying, what do you mean by zlights? If I want to fully control lighting and materials is it better to not use matcaps?

What I do is use matcaps...turn the orientation in the matcap modifiers so they look how I want them(Not all Matcaps have this feature)...Then I hange my regular lights which is usually just the one(Has the big orange button)...Then I use lightcap within the lights pallet to add rimm lighting and points of light to show up wrinkles etc(Have shadows slider to zero otherwise you get two lots of shadows. Thats baisicly how I do it. Cheers...I have developed this method myself so someone else will probably say Im wrong...this is how I did the lighting for moko portrait. Please ask me for a better explanation if you want.

Default Progress

Thanks so much for your help, i've been playing around with the lighting and it helped, but I can't get the realism I want, I rendered it in Keyshot as a test, and the results are good. I really wish I could light better in Zbrush. This is just a rough test so far, what are your thoughts.

That's decent work so far. As you are rendering in Keyshot, you can blend their materials with your texture by applying the material and then loading the texture (on a UVd object is best). Play with the roughness setting until the skin looks right to you.

Thats actually what I did with the render you see here, thanks for the tip, What would you say I need to improve in the last render, does the skin look ok. I like it, but i'm looking for some constructive criticism, maybe things that I've overlooked.

Default Final image

So I finally finished the image with something I'm quite happy with, comments and critiques please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	489.7 KB 
ID:	408141  

Default Storm Again

Another image of my fave Xmen, Storm

You should soften your females faces some. I like the render though keep going.
    http://designsbymuchlove.blogspot.com/

Bradley Collor
    Always Learning

Thanks, when you say 'soften the face' what do you mean?

Default Storm again

Modelled in Zbrush, rendered in Keyshot, I hate the cape, so when i get some time, I will work on that some more, getting realism in blowing fabric is pretty challenging, but quite fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Storm.119 copy.jpg 
Views:	709 
Size:	176.9 KB 
ID:	427104  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast