ZBrushCentral

Supergirl Reborn!

Hi there, my first Zbrush post. I have been learning Zbrush on and off for about a year now and have simply fell in love with it!
On working on this sculpt I really took my time and wanted something that could introduce me to all the concepts of Zbrush, Sculpting, polypainting, anatomy etc

I still have LOTS to learn about all of the above, but have felt improvement as like most newbies I didnt even know where to begin when I first started! But after several tutorials on basics I feel I have tamed this beast at least SOMEWHAT!

I know the anatomy is far from perfect I still have a lot to learn. All and any criticism welcome!

Attachments

1 copy.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Final.jpg

Looks pretty cool, although i feel the face could do with some work?

Thanks :slight_smile: I think your right, it just sort of evolved, from a basic base mesh, was looking more at anatomy, and I sorta liked the expression so stuck with it, kinda ‘cartoon-realistic’ most of this was serendipedous!

I like the boots on your piece, I was aiming for something similar, Im using Zbrush 3 and I maxed out my SD levels I think, so struggled for more detail, still lots to learn!

Thanks, I’m still learning lots too! Just found a nice reference for the boots, and block them out in c4d, and detailed in zbrush.
I do like the natural folds in your outfit, I will look to emulate something like that.
I do like using 4r6 though, couldnt live without zremesher anymore lol!

Hey thanks man, C4D was my first love in 3D :slight_smile: Im starting something new with a basic base from ‘Makehuman’ free software, so i can focus on anatomy mainly because Im sooo frustrated by not having Dynamesh to start from scratch and want quick results, rather than starting from Zspheres etc if you could show a workflow of your boots it would be much appreciated?

sorry seems a bit short calves…

ha ha wise words, taken on board - in learning anatomy I have discovered no-body is perfect

Hey all this is my latest sculpt, just for fun, well I figure if your gonna learn anatomy may as well start with beautiful women? :wink:
anatomy still needs work and I have to figure out topology, watched about a zillion tutorials but I find there is no substitute for jumping in and doing it yourself! Im struggling getting clean crisp edges and using z3 can only really extract geometry. Wanted this to look a little more ‘professional’ but I got bored and wanted to move onto another project, so I think I will leave it as it is for now. I just cant get that ‘clean-ness’ and detail I see in other peoples work! edges are always messy and jagged, any tips and crits more than welcome.
Thanks

Attachments

ww4.jpg

ww1.jpg

ww2.jpg

ww3.jpg

Hey y’all just wanted to show my new ‘sketch’ I was having real difficulty posing, so I discovered if I pose at the lowest level it was a lot easier! Rather than having a high res model in T pose, THEN posing, am I doing something wrong? I started to use ploygroups as well, just love this learning curve, lot of fun, though I do have several models still in a T pose! waiting to be brought to life :slight_smile: I think I will pose first then sculpt later in the future, plus it helps to NOT use symmetry, and I’m learning more about anatomy and gathering a few tricks, still in 3.1 on an old

3ad476e9da7d77742ae8748b01bf7bc0.jpg computer a friend a gave me JUST so I could use Zbrush, I also found if I play around with the Flatten brush settings and Alphas, I can achieve something akin to the Planar brushes in the newer versions. Any C&C’s more than welcome, thanks.

You should round out the face more. Keep it up.

nice work mate :slight_smile:
i agree with muchLove106, Rounding out the face will help your sculpt alot. other things to keep an eye on, is

• the size of the eyes, slightly smaller on the concept image.
  • she has more of a button nose than a long thing pointy one in the image.
  • her left arm looks like its posed to close to her body, get your hands posed where you want them, the shirt will into them regardless.
  • with her hair, might be easier to have long individual strands to start with, you can always join them later ( well actually maybe not with 3.1 ) but even still i think individual strands could work well. but more thicker / cartoony ones.

but having said that, keep it up, im sure it will end up great. :slight_smile:

Looks great but…

why on earth are you still on 3.1?

thanks a lot chaps :wink: will all be taken on board, hard to see the wood for the trees sometimes!
Thanks again

Life without a pencil eh? I Am so engrossed in Zbrush as a means of expression at the moment. I use 3.1 because I cant afford the new one, and I bought a computer with it on, JUST so I could use it :slight_smile: I have sorta grown to like the simplicity of 3.1, (I learned the flatten tool with a square alpha to achieve hard surface, with backface on) without all the extras to make things ‘easier’? So my thinking now is master this and then when I finally do purchase the latest version, I will know the basics? maybe? ANYWAY I have started to focus on posing as thats what I was struggling with, fed up of T-pose :wink: I recently learned layers - YAY! - much easier. I find once the mesh (person in my case) is posed it demands my attention on figure, human anatomy etc… Here are a few screen shots of my progress. And hey, practice doesn’t make perfect - PERFECT practice makes perfect! I appreciate any words of wisdom and critique. This is a heads up to Boris Vallejo, i spent too much time trying to achieve the cartoon look, I had to look back to previous works. Im maxing out my old PC so cant go higher res on the face, kinda frustrating but thats the nature of the beast, LOTS to learn. Really eager to learn, and where do you get a job doing this! Maybe I rounded this face TO much? :wink:

Attachments

Vallejo_Boris_Black_and_White_Fire_Woman_large.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Im not trying to achieve a 2d image, my ultimate goal is to be able to print in 3d! the future is here

Just a quick WIP, not sure where to take her yet. Thoughts C&C more than welcome! Thanks

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Another work in progress, I am working on a few things at a time. The wood for the trees etc.
thoughts are WELCOME :slight_smile:
I have a question here, probably a basic one! - I am using 3.1 at home, and I can’t go to a higher res. At work I have a later copy with Zremesher - How would I deal with my model to add more detail?
Maybe re-topo? Im not sure
Thanks

4.jpg1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg5.jpg

Beautiful work there, very nice. I would love to see you upgrade your computer so you can get the latest version of zbrush, I’d be interested to see what you could do with it.

Thank You Tidy :slight_smile: appreciated. I think the basics are the basics as far as sculpting goes, the brushes I miss the most are the hard surface ones, good for boots etc but I consider it good practice using only basic tools and I have learned to do a lot with the basic flatten brush in 3.1. Though I think I’d be able to do more accessories with the later version, which frustrates me, and is why I seem to never cover my ladies up! Anyway, I’m working on getting that new machine! Cheers