ZBrushCentral

RECAP: 3D Printer World Expo Update #9

Over the final weekend of January, Pixologic attended the 3D Printer World Expo in Burbank, CA with two days of industry specific presentations and a fistful of live demos including a clay slinging showdown between top ZBrush artists!

Adding to the action happening at the booth itself, the Pixologic Team was proud to present industry seminars with the likes of Legacy Effects and Neville Page (whom you can also currently see each Tuesday night on SyFy’s “Face Off”).

Part of the action was an event where 8 leading artists from studios like Blizzard Entertainment, Sony Santa Monica, Insomniac Games, The Aaron Sims Company and many more squared off in head-to-head sculpting action to create their own “Aliens From Beyond”. Their creations were printed in 3D and then shown on Facebook for community voting, with Raphael Grassetti coming away as the victor.

Our cameras were rolling throughout the show and today we are pleased to bring that to you in the form of photos and recap videos. As with previous recaps, these videos will be rolling out over the course of several days so please come back to this thread regularly to see the newest updates!

Enjoy!

Here are a few pics we took at the show.

RECAP VIDEOS:

1. Derek Pendleton Part 1

2. Derek Pendleton Part 2

3. Jared Krichevsky Part 1

4. Jared Krichevsky Part 2

5. Dominic Qwek Part 1

6. Dominic Qwek Part 2

7. Adam Ross Part 1

8. Adam Ross Part 2

9. Justin Fields Part 1

10. Justin Fields Part 2

11. Joseph Drust Part 1

12. Joseph Drust Part 2

SCULPT OFF CHALLENGE:

ROUND 1. Jared Krichevsky & Katon Callaway

ROUND 2.Dominic Qwek & Alvaro Buendia

ROUND 3.Justin Fields & Rafael Grassetti

ROUND 4 Maxence Fleuret & Frank Tzeng

ZBRUSH PANEL DISCUSSIONS:

1. Neville PagePart 1

2. Neville PagePart 2

3. Neville PagePart 3

4. Legacy Effects Part 1 (Scott Patton, Jason Lopes, and Ian Joyner.)

5. Legacy Effects Part 2(Scott Patton, Jason Lopes, and Ian Joyner.)

6. Legacy Effects Part 3 (Scott Patton, Jason Lopes, and Ian Joyner.)

Attachments

3DPWE-collage.jpg

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing for those of us that couldn’t attend!

I second that!!! Thanks!!!:smiley:

This thread is going to be life changing… Lots of loads of questions were trolling in my mind (technicality)… are most of them solved… now I am waiting if there would be some solutions for texture map exportation for colored 3d printing solution… bravo… respect for Pixologic… :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thank you guys for posting these up! :slight_smile:

:smiley: This gonna help me alot, thank you for share, keep your great work Pixologic. :wink:

Cheers.

DSC_0465.JPG

Thanks for sharing all these great videos full of very usefull tips!!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

This is why I love Pixologic. Thank you soo much for sharing these videos! Being on the East coast it was very hard to try and make it out to the West to attend the show. I really appreciate your team posting these :+1:

Amazing videos, many thanks!

It was so awesome to make this event! Big ups to the Pixo-Crew!

I have never shared my office space with a nicer bunch of people. Thank you so much for posting these!

I’m excited about our next Burbank show in January, but I wish it could be sooner.

Thanks Pixologic for this!

OH MAN!!! SO MANY QUESTIONS ANSWERED!!! many thanks to pixologic for uploading them the and the artist that did the demos! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Very impressive videos! Thanks for sharing them

Awesome!! Looking forward to the other videos.

Can somebody tell me which song Neville uses for his Reel Video? Thanks :cool:

So awesome! Keep the videos coming :+1: Just wanted to say thanks!
It speaks volumes to me, that you guys take the time to record, prepare, and upload these vids for all to enjoy.
From all the ZClassroom videos to these major 3D Events!
There are tons of ZBrush artists from all corners of the globe that appreciate the giving tradition Pixologic continues to put forth.
And I’ve never come across a more giving community in return.

I traveled down there for the Expo and soaked up as much 3D printing and Demos as I could but am so glad to see all these being posted up because it’s obvious there was a lot I missed! Big thanks for posting the Panel Discussions as well! Wow!
For those that don’t know, the expo had general admission to the exhibit floor and a separate pass for some of the higher level panel discussions. Missing out on these in person and then being treated to them at home is above and beyond my expectations :smiley:
And special thanks to all the demo artists for sharing their techniques and workflows!

Thanks from me too, those come exactly at the right time, I’m working as a toy sculptor now and those videos are helping me out alot…
thanks!

As usual - useful tips and tricks on these videos. Thanks.

Such a great thread! Thanks Pixologic team for making this possible! :slight_smile: Much appreciated.

And big thanks to the artist that contributed to the material!