Default Help with visualization

Hi everyone, i am new here . I downloaded Sculptris yesterday and have been playing with it and is very fun. But the reason of this post is to ask for help, i have seen videos and images of the way things look in sculptris and i can't find the reason or setting why my sphere-object has no shadow or anything ,it just looks flat . I have to turn on the wireframe tool to be able to see in 3d and see what i am doing because other way it looks all flat. Maybe this is a silly question but as i said i just downloaded it yesterday and i can't find any menu or setting to help with that. I am attaching a screenshot of the way it looks for me.
    Thank you

New Member Follow User Gallery

Wink found the solution

well, searching a little more finally found a thread that worked for me so i think my thread can be closed now
    Happy to sculpt seeing shades !!

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...-startup-scene

* Originally Posted by DOOR7
    > go to your application folder
    > open Sculptris Alpha 6
    > open config.txt with the texteditor
    > in your config.txt set "enable_shaders 1" to "enable_shaders 0"
    > save it

Make some nice things *

Member Follow User Gallery

Great that you found a solution. Already had the same link at hand, do you use an Apple-Computer?
    Looking forward how you transform the sphere!

Ralf.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default re

Yes, and this is actually kind of fun to play with. There's actually several Versions of Sculptris out there ... the Alpha 5 in the "A Gift" sticky thread, and a couple more if you can find them in old DR Petters Sculptris forum. There was a version that had No Painting, and another that had no MAT Shader .... Alpha 5 I think was just 1.02 renamed ....of couse since then Blender has come out with Dynotopo, which builds meshes similar to Sculptris, that can then be Retopo'd, Painted, etc .... and There's also Meshmixer that extends these models with extract and extrude, but neither have as easy of a tool-set as Sculptris .... I believe it was the 1.0 version of Sculptris that had a Lighting Shader, rather than the mat files, and you could move the light around with the keyboard shortcut (L)

Member Follow User Gallery

I think one of the big differences with Alpha 5 is that you can still push the textures to 4096x4096 pixel.
    Alpha 6 has a limit of 2048x2048. Other than that I don't know what Alpha 6 could do better than Alpha 5?
    I don't know Blender or Mudbox.

One day I may do the jump to ZBrush, when I begin to feel limited with the available tools.

Ralf.

Smile my first sculpt

Thanks for the replies it made things a lot easier being able to see the shades in the sphere and answering to ralf_maeder yes i use an apple computer, for what i read in tat other thread seems that this problem only happened in mac.
    Here is a pic of what i made yesterday i am very happy with it , still when i know i still have lot to learn is my first time using a program like this, The only time i tried to make 3d object i used Blender and all i could do was follow a tutorial about how to create a soccer ball but that one felt so hard to use for me that soon i got frustrated and tired of it , so now that i found this one i am having lots of fun!! and as soon as i can afford it i will get zbrush as i understand it has some more options like being able to "cut" sections of your 3d object to create a new object instead of having to sculpt everything in just one object (like for creating clothing using the body shape as template) and i am sure it has other cool options but i didnt find so much about that one yet.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

wonderful first sculpt Especially the nose and lips. Its a lot better than my first attempt in Zbrush lo these many years ago lol
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Ty i love to draw, i never learned to sculpt in real but i like the idea of going from my 2d drawings to 3d models, is very exciting.
    Here is another question:
    Looking at screenshots i noticed that in the Paint mode my scultris doesnt show the Materials window.I am using a Mac laptop, so i wonder if that could be the reason. Anyone know about this problem?