ZBrushCentral

zSwatches Plugin v1.0

:small_orange_diamond: zSwatches Plugin

zSwatches : A plugin that create a button containing color swatches that you can select by clicking, and set by shift-clicking on them. You can customize the button any way you want, and settings and swatches are saved/loaded between sessions. You can reorganise swatches : if the color is already present, it swaps position with the swatch you clicked onto.

:small_orange_diamond: Installation :

Just extract the whole archive in your ā€œC:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R?\ZStartup\ZPlugsā€ folder. If you have a previous version installed, just choose to overwrite all the old files when extracting or manually delete them before installing. (Donā€™t mix old and new files or Iā€™ll tell santa !!!)

:small_orange_diamond: Download :

ZBrush_zSwaches_Plugin_v1.0.zip ( READ WARNINGS BELOW !!! QUITE BUGGY !!! Wonā€™t hurt your PC or zBrush setup, but you might have to remove it if you donā€™t have time to loose testing it - will be all fixed very soon - no big deal but annoying )

:warning: Warning 1 : Seems like I did a mistake making the zip package, two files get installed in the wrong place - sorry for that.
:small_orange_diamond: Solution : Move libpng12.dll and zlib.dll from [i]ā€¦\ZBrush 4R?\ZStartup\ZPlugs\zSwatches[/i] to ā€¦\ZBrush 4R?

:warning: Warning 2 : Big bad bug found : the plugin stores its settings in a file, but if that file is present zbrush fail to startā€¦ So you use the plugin one time ok but if you restart zbrush zbrush will crash at startup.
:small_orange_diamond: Solution : delete ā€¦\ZBrush 4R?\ZStartup\ZPlugs\zSwatches\zSwatchesSave.zvr( Of course, adapt to match your own zBrush setup, for example [i]C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R6\ZStartup\ZPlugs\zSwatches[/i] and C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R6\ )

Iā€™ll upload a fixed package when someone will confirm that the plugin is working ok as it should. I have no way to test it on another computer than mine - and one broken version is enough. Better be careful.

So if some of you could confirm it working that would be very nice :slight_smile:

Hope youā€™ll like it, happy zBrushing !!!

Attachments

zSwatches_Instructions.gif

This is a wonderful idea. I sorely miss having swatches in ZB 4.r6 like we had back in R3.

Will there be a Macintosh version? (this version does not work on Mac).

Thanks for posting. It looks very promising.

Thanks.

Itā€™s made over some GNU libs made for 'nixes so yes I think Iā€™ll port it no problem when Iā€™ll have 5 minutes.

You mean zb4r3 ??? Swatches ? I donā€™t remember about thatā€¦
I actually got the idea when I saw cryridā€™s ui, thereā€™s some rainbow horizontal line, but only for looks.

Iā€™ll try to PM you when it have been ported on mac.

Thank you ,I love it!

This was a good one back in 2005; Finished ZScript: ZSwatch No longer works in current ZBrush.
This one from 2010 also no longer works; Canvas Color Palette ( zb4.0 )

Yours is by far the best looking and well integrated, as far as I can tell from your layout image.

A Mac port would be greatly appreciated.

Seems like I did a mistake making the zip package, two files get installed in the wrong place - sorry for that.

:small_orange_diamond: Solution : Move libpng12.dll and zlib.dll from [i]ā€¦\ZBrush 4R?\ZStartup\ZPlugs\zSwatches[/i] to [i]ā€¦\ZBrush 4R?\

[/i]( Of course, adapt to match your own zBrush setup, for example [i]C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R6\ZStartup\ZPlugs\zSwatches[/i] and C:\Program Files (x86)\Pixologic\ZBrush 4R6\ )

Iā€™ll upload a fixed package when someone will confirm that the plugin is working ok as it should. I have no way to test it on another computer than mine - and one broken version is enough. Better be careful.

So if some of you could confirm it working that would be very nice :slight_smile:

:+1: Neat little add-on. :+1: Thanks.
I can confirm your warnings :wink:
That .zvr file causes problems :frowning:
Mac users will want it too.

#Doug Jones, I second a Mac Version.

#KeuPon, A question; Does your palette use the same underlying code as the built-in PaintStop Swatch Palette? It would be nice to be able to access this palette in the primary interface.

PaintStop Palette;

Thanks doug for testing :slight_smile:

acme : No not at all !!! I find these swatches in paintstop really awesome it would be so nice to have it on a button in main zbrush !!! But I think it is notes interface and it couldnā€™t stay shown or docked (correct me if Iā€™m wrong). Would be so nice having it on a button anyway. Think I will pm paintstopā€™s author to ask. It too gave me the idea to try implement .abr (adobe swatches format) import/export on mine (Next version has import/export feature - already done but not with .abr yet).

Next version is nearly ready but needs little more testing. Maybe I will post some beta tomorrow or if I donā€™t and youā€™re interrested PM me.

New features :
_ Recoded the dll so no more need for annoying additionnal dlls, and will now be very easy to port to osX too.
_ Added ā€˜themesā€™ for default colors so you can choose which fits better in your kitsch-ass custom interface :wink:
_ Import / Export swatches (including button config)
_ Splitted the ā€˜Updateā€™ button in two : ā€˜Make Newā€™ that will make a all new button discarding all previous swatches and ā€˜Updateā€™ that will apply all settings but will keep previous colors (if you changed the count it will either fill the surplus with selected theme or will crop those too many (am I speaking english here?) ).
_ Bugs should be fixed

Happy zSculpting everyZone :slight_smile:

Any update in this plugin? At least to avoid deleting the configuration file to avoid Zbrush crashing?

Hi,

For now Iā€™m working on updating ZAdjustor on mac os, and I donā€™t think Iā€™ll have the time to take care of ZSwatches for some time, but read the EDO.

Anyway, Iā€™ve got it installed and running and it never made my ZBrush crash (at least for ages - donā€™t even remember a last time), I donā€™t think it is an issue that you will necessarily encounter, but if it happens that your ZBrush crashes at launch you know what to do.

Iā€™ll try to work on it as soon as I can.

Thanks for your comment :slight_smile:

EDIT : Iā€™m thinking, I think I worked on it quite long ago, but didnā€™t release it, I think because I wanted to test it a little before uploading a buggy version, and totally forgot about it heheā€¦ So maybe I resolved the bug as it donā€™t crash my ZBrush, and I think there are some new features. Iā€™ll check and upload this version as soon as Iā€™ve got some minutes, later this week. So thanks for triggering my old rusty memory hehe.

That was my point. Because it seems you was working on it and did some advances I was wondering why it was not released. In the released version it is not really possible to use it as it crashes systematically. The workaround of deleting the config file works but apart of being no practical also we lose the possibility of keeping the colors for the next session.

Zbrush lacks of a swatch tool integrated in the interface. I would say this would be a key tool to be used for anybody that does polypainting. Also your plugin looks very interesting, at least when it runs.:wink:

ZB ready only this plugin (but have bugs)
Plz have a professional knowledge fix it.

@sus4
While itā€™s not swatches, I uploaded some files that let you select a few background colors via buttons, also make a gradient and also Flop the gradient. Hope thatā€™s helpful. :wink:

!:smiley:
A personal thing,
Iā€™m much obliged to you. Doug Jones

Attachments:2File
zSwatches2.pngzSwatches1.png

Where can i downlaod this script, link is broken