ZBrushCentral

pixteur - Valio Milk Ads

Ad campaign for Valio milk in Finland
pixteur: 3D modeling, zbrush, modo, camera matching, rendering, post production.

Client: Valio
Agency: Hasan & Partners
Art director: Sami Anttila
Art buyer: Left&Right - Kirsi Pärni

behance.net/gallery/Valio-Milk/8711695

Making-of:
[vv]66320933[/vv]

Ad campaign for Valio milk in Finland. The client wanted to create images famous finnish athletes made out of milk. I modeled all 4 athletes, leveraging several different 3D packages to balance the speed of development and keep costs down. I was able to artistically sculpt the milk in zbrush & art direct the splashes using dynamesh.

Initially everything was intended to be full 3D milk; bodies, faces, splashes & clothing. However late in the development a decision was made to integrate parts of the photos to make the athletes more recognizable. Luckily pixteur had built the 3D athletes using a camera matched source photo, this made integrating the photos a whole lot easier and we didn’t have to modify the 3D.
Rendering was done with MODO at 12k. It all came together in post production, with some simple compositing of the render passes, retouching the athletes heads and final grading.

Making-ok

https://vimeo.com/66320933

Attachments

pixteur_valio_Kiira_1k.jpg

pixteur_valio_Joel_1k.jpg

pixteur_valio_Teemu_1k.jpg

pixteur_valio_Sami_1k.jpg

makingof-kiira_0000s_0009_009.jpg

makingof-kiira_0000s_0011_011.jpg

Very, very clean job! Great respect!

Very nicely done. I love this kind of stuff. Reminds me of the water ads someone posted awhile back.

Great Job … TOP ROW for me! :smiley:

Cheers, David

Thanks for the positive comments, I’m just getting my feet wet in zbrush so this means a lot. cheers

A couple more making-of pics…

Attachments

makingof-kiira_0000s_0026_026.jpg

makingof-kiira_0000s_0014_014.jpg

makingof-kiira_0000s_0015_015.jpg

makingof-kiira_0000s_0016_016.jpg

makingof-kiira_0000s_0022_022.jpg

Unfortunately it doesn’t look like milk (way too opaque) but apart from that it’s very good.

Hey, great work! I am trying to create a similar effect with liquids… but am not able to get the results as good as yours. Can you please elaborate a little on how you did the lighting for these… any help would be really appreciable… thanks!