ZBrushCentral

Apocalypto Tequila Bottle (Product Design)

This project started back in 2010 and I am now just posting about :bulb:
I was contracted by a Restaurant owner to design a tequila bottle based around Bifurcated face with a Central American theme (Aztec / Mayan)

It started with Ad on Craigslist for a sculptor. Not being a real sculptor and unemployed at the time, had nothing to lose. When the poster replied I was in the process of migrating to a new PC :confused:

He was willing to make a real sculpture but didn’t have as much time to work on it.
I explained with the computer we could go through more design iterations easily than we could physically.

A meetup at the library to get things started. 2nd meetings was in his kitchen working on a laptop, with a cracked screen, trying to finish a concept of what this bottle would look like in ZBrush. With kids bouncing around the room. That’s the moment you get in life where you’re like, this is it, this is what all this is been building up too!
I paid $ 489 for ZB3 in 2007 and got paid $500 for about 4 months work and revisions as well. I learned a lot in the process.

So today I can say that I have done product design. The finial design of the bottle was is reinterpreted by the manufacturing company, but overall the concept looks the same: Apocalypto tequila http://tequila2012.net/www.apocalyptotequila.com

The glass turntable was rendered in Maya|Mental ray after exported a decimated model of it.

<iframe width=“420” height=“315” src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Np0qZ9bMZTA" frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<iframe width=“420” height=“315” src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JNLOSfM39d4" frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

My skill with ZBrush is so far behind. My ideas far out pace my time & skills to make them. I’ve realized my strengths are interpreting a good concept into 3D. I still need to work on the conception part.

Attachments

jaguar human revised enlarged.jpg

Tequila-2012-render-HQ-render3.jpg

Tequila-2012-render-HQ-render4.jpg

tequila2012_white.jpg

tequila2012_icon.jpg