Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    Lisbon - Portugal - Europe - Earth - Universe

Question Terrains & Landscapes

As i said before I really like ZBrush because it has so much potential, but I´ve been seeing some of you trying to model terrain and landscapes with Z and I think you can have the best of any tool to a specific purpose. So, if what you want is landscapes try this tool: .Terragen .
    Keep trying doing terrains in ZBrush because you´re geting better every day, but most of all do ART with every tools you can imagine.

You can see Terragen pictures in Radiosity. com, in the Terragen gallery and here http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.e...HoudiniTheMage

i have terragen...guess its an older version, and it renders photorealistic images...render time on my last piece I did for my wife's geneology web site took 52 minutes...dont know if the newer version are any quicker...and I may not know enough about the program...I have found it to be easy to work with and stuff...Do any of your works have zbrush incorporated into the terragen enviroments? I have cut and pasted poser models into some of the pics i have made but terragen has a whole different look to it....this image below is a very old experiment I did with terragen and zbrush and threw it all together in psp7...my zbrush model is weak I know, esp compared to the the background...but anyhoo....would love to hear others repsonses to this use or different uses of terragen....

and this one was done trying to use a poser image and thrown together in psp...these are both crudely done...

this one...poser image, foregroudn water in psp and the rest of it done in terragen( water and sky)

and finally one of my first ones with a poser image, terragen land and sky and the street lamp things done in micrografx simply 3d3, and the rest of it thrown together in psp...

Do any of the other users here have better examples of terragen being used with other programs...thnx..ron

Terragan and ZBrush.