Oh man...I can't wait to get my hands on the new ZB! Those new low poly modeling tools would probably save me like 75% of my poly budget here. Would love to reduce this guy to a manageable level and render him with something like VRay.

Been working a lot on reducing this guy from ZBrush to 3ds Max. I'm better at rendering things in Max so I wanted to get some polypainted views of him. I don't usually have a need to greatly reduce my models, so it's been fun and good practice on getting a semi-game level model on some parts. I started on the upper leg armor and I got that group of pieces down from over 500,000 polys to just about 4,000. I've been remodeling and unwrapping the parts in Max and then taking it back to ZBrush to reproject my polypainting. While I'm doing this I'm also trying to combine the maps more cuz right now, just from how messy my zbrush file has become, i have like 80 bitmaps. I guess this isn't strictly a ZBRush project anymore since it's mostly in Max but thought I'd show what I'm doing. This is another step in my ZBrush workflow going back and forth more to get my model optimized, it's been an interesting experience!

A couple little side projects I was working on recently that are still WIPs...CGTalk just finished up a 80s cartoon modeling challenge so I decided to model a few guys in ZBrush. I didn't get very far, but it was a fun break from my other projects. I ended up modeling Scott Tracker, and his robot side kick, T-Bob.

Ok, finished up my Edge of Tomorrow project. I was able to retopologize most all of it (the important stuff anyway) in Max and was able to rig it. I did a quick composite of the suit on the battlefield! I think this project is pretty much done

Enjoy...

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

pretty cool work man.nice compositing.Keep it up.

Default Syd Mead Mars Rover

Was looking at some of Syd Mead's work the other day and I was loving his unused concept of the mars rover for "Mission to Mars":

http://www.japetusproductions.com/Im...rover_down.jpg
    http://www.japetusproductions.com/Im...er_at_dome.jpg

I had to make my own so I fired up zbrush and have worked on it since Wednesday. I think it's looking pretty cool! Who knows what I'll do with it, but I thought I'd share!

Been looking a lot at Philippe "Manchu" Bouchet's artwork lately and it's so great, I love it. There's a spaceship design of his that especially think is awesome, so I fired up Zbrush and made a quick model of it in a day or so. I love how easily I can bang out these models in ZBrush, it'd take me days and days in Max. Anyway was fun to make this model all respect to Manchu!! I wish his book was available in the US on Amazon. It'd be great to get. My model is referencing this painting: http://www.igorstshirts.com/blog/con.../manchu_01.jpg

Member Follow User Gallery

I like your style! My great respect! Fighter in the exoskeleton is simply amazing!

Decided to get better at my heads, I created a scene with head proportions laid out and started from a sphere laying out proportions... I'm pretty happy with the results so far but I know there's a long way to go. Please comment and critique!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZGrab05.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	143.4 KB 
ID:	437488   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZGrab03.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	164.5 KB 
ID:	437489   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZGrab06.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	148.4 KB 
ID:	437490   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZGrab02.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	165.3 KB 
ID:	437491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZGrab01.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	167.7 KB 
ID:	437492  

After some more work, and finding the 3d.sk christmas reference, which was very handy!, I fixed the proportions a bit more...

Now for something different...I wipped out a dragon for a friend yesterday, turned out cool for half a days work. I've tried to make dragon heads in the past and they haven't turned out well at all, so nice to see my skills are slowly improving. Loving the new Zbrush!!

Default Tasty Burger

Who wants a tasty burger?

Made the burger entirely in ZBrush and rendered in 3ds Max with VRay, a little color correction in Nuke. Still trying to think of something cool to do with it...maybe I'll eat it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burgerzb3.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	347.4 KB 
ID:	445517   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burberzb.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	320.5 KB 
ID:	445518   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	burgerzb2.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	453.0 KB 
ID:	445520  

A little improved...

Member Follow User Gallery

That burger makes me quite hungry... Was the edge of tomorrow suit modeled in max or zbrush??

Thanks! The Edge of tomorrow suit was made in Zbrush and retopoed in Max and zbrush later on. Would have been nice to have the new poly tools then!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234