ZBrushCentral

Questions, zscript palette?

Hi there!
I have couple of questions.

If I have for example script.txt, when I press the button Load, Zbrush compiles that script file, (right?) and makes script.zsc, when I press the Reload button which of the files will be reloaded, and or Zbrush again compiles the script.txt (if is there?) and makes script.zsc and reloads that file or if script.zsc is already there it reloads it without recompiling the script.txt?

And how the buttons Previous and Next do their job? Do they store some kind of history of which script files has been loaded?

What does the button Store ZTime?

Hi, :slight_smile:

Yes, ZBrush compiles the text file into the ZSC file. When you press Reload the text file is reloaded, so any changes you have made are reflected in how the script behaves.

However, this only applies to standard zscripts. Plugins won’t update that way and ZBrush needs to be restarted, so it is best to get your plugin functionality working as an ordinary zscript before creating the plugin. Macros, which are also zscript text files, will update if you press the Reload All Macros button in the Macro palette.

Yes, the Previous and Next do just that, though be aware that this applies to plugins also so often it won’t be obvious which is loaded.

In theory the Store ZTime button will write the ZBrush session runtime to a text file in the root ZBrush folder but I don’t think its output is reliable. If you need that then you can get it using the [ZBrushInfo,2] command.

HTH,

Thanks marcus_civis! :slight_smile:

I have been always an artist but I started learning zscripting before three months and I love it! I have have made really cool things with it that help a lot, so I want to learn more. It is going to be realy cool if from pixologic expose more functionality via zscript inside Zbrush.
For example, there is no way to rename layers without pressing the button Tool:Layer:Rename, it would be cool if there is a command for that, and many more.
Is it OK if I post all of my questions in one thread , not in separate for each new question that I have, just to be more organized?

Yes zscripting is fun and useful. I agree it would be good to have some new commands, especially being able to name Layers, but I don’t know what is being planned.

It would be better to post questions in new threads. This will make it easier for other people who may be searching for the answer to the same question.