ZBrushCentral

Fabio Paiva - anatomy thread

Hello all,

Sculpting anatomy is one of my passions so I decided to make a specifc thread for my studies.
ZBrush is a great tool for that since I can now use dynamesh and zremesher all the way.

So, for starters I’d like to share 4 studies, the first one being based on a frazetta´s sketch.

Hope you like it as much as I do!

Thanks!

Attachments

zbc-anatomy-fabiopaiva-001.jpg

zbc-anatomy-fabiopaiva-002.jpg

zbc-anatomy-fabiopaiva-003.jpg

zbc-anatomy-fabiopaiva-004.jpg

nice anatomy studies here, keep going

nice studies! Keep it up!

All your work is so impressive! Truly inspiring! I have never done traditional sculpting, but the more exposed I am to digital sculpting the more I notice that a lot of the really amazing digital sculptures at one point or another (or still do) take up traditional sculpting. Do you think this is a must for a digital sculpture? I am new to the industry and really interested in exploring in traditional art.

http://christiangallego.blogspot.com/

Very nice works! Good sense of anatomy

Thx guys! :smiley:
@Fabian3224, I don´t think it´s a must but it will certainly help your perception. Drawing and sculpting will always be important but you can digitaly sculpt without them. It will just take more time (for you to do good/great things) I guess. You won´t be wasting your time if you decide to draw/sculpt something. Hope it helps!

So here’s another study. James Cromwell and Bill Nighy.

Inspiring stuff! Keep posting… (subscribes)

Nice sculpts dude)

Thanks a lot guys.
So here´s my latest anatomy study. Based on a piece by the american sculptor Edward McCartan (1879–1947).

finals_1_beauty.jpg

very nice anatomy Fabio and the last piece is wonderful… so gentle and so alive. Well done!

beautiful

phobalien, thanks a lot. Really glad you like it!
Ehren, thanks a lot man. Your work is amazing!

I put already like in a facebook, one more here :+1:

Just beautiful! :slight_smile:

what a great piece!
I do have the feeling her rib cage is a bit on the large side.
Did you work from reference?cause in that case strike my remark ^^

Really strong piece and a great render to show it off. Great job!

There’s only one way this thread is heading…to the top row!

Awesome work :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot guys!
CookieMonster, I tried to be as close as possible with the main reference as with other anatomical referencer throughout the modeling. Thanks!:slight_smile:

I´d like to share some other images of this model as I´ve put a lot of effort into this. :slight_smile:
Modelling everything with symmetry off is a great exercise!

Hope you like it!

finals_3_details.jpg

Just Gorgeous work!

Great sculpting! Love the folds in the skin, and the pose. I personally prefer slightly wider hips on a woman, but, overall, she looks great! :+1: